Citi App Support Senior Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17057113
Citi has 12,000 offices in 140 countries around the globe. Citi has been around for nearly two centuries and over that time, has cultivated the world’s largest financial services network. Today, Citi is built on the experience of 300,000 employees. Citi is deeply embedded in the financial services sector and is represented in nearly every asset-class. Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Global Consumer Banking, International Personal Bank, Citi Global Wealth Management and Citi Private Bank are all leaders in their respective fields, contributing significantly to Citi's performance.
We are seeking a senior application support analyst. The candidate must have strong motivation to drive, lead and be successful in their endeavors towards progress and closure, great communication, teamwork and team building skills will be a key factor to their success.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest financial institutions in support of Global Finance Applications. In addition to sound technical abilities, they must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and strong awareness of problem solving and root cause analysis. A desire to gain a deep understanding of the business environment and a strong work ethic are also essential.
The ideal candidate should be technically astute, well organized, proactive and be comfortable discussing issues with business and technical users at all levels. Must have a strong IT background in UNIX, Oracle and Autosys. The team supports a number of critical initiatives related to daily and Month-End Financial Reporting to General Ledgers and external Regulators.
• Work with the application support team to resolve issues/tickets in a timely manner and track the progress of Requests to completion
• Ensure the status of the tickets is current in the tracking tool, including follow up requests from the client
• Provide effective client communication during regular updates or escalate when appropriate.
• Processing of all Problem, Major and Standard Incident, and Change Requests
• Daily status check and handover duties to enable the follow-the-sun support model
• Prioritization and escalation to appropriate development / client / management groups when appropriate
• Ability to delve deep into the code structure to understand complex algorithms and troubleshoot system /data problems.
• Provide technical oversight across systems and applications; leverage skills across team and department.
• Partner with development team to develop strategy regarding overall architecture and infrastructure.
• Interact with business users daily to decipher Finance terminology & ensure users receive assistance in understanding application’s logic / calculation processes in production.
• Demonstrate drive and initiative; be goal-oriented, dedicated and self-sufficient.
• Be able to work well under pressure, adapt quickly to changing priorities and maintain focus on key tasks during busy periods.
• Responsible for system availability / stability within the production environment to agreed business levels.
• Working with the Development team to understand design structure and up coming changes that require active support and to coordination/orchestrate the production runs for different internal and regulator provided scenarios.
• Be prepared to work out of hours and weekends to support upgrades and new releases to the application.
• Plan for and carry out annual Continuity of Business (COB) tests, this will involve liaising with DBA’s, System Administrators, Users and other technical support teams to ensure our procedures and processes run accordingly.
• Manage and review approved updates to all Support Knowledge Base documentation
• Generate trending reports from AutoWatch / ServiceNow / AppDynamics for proactive process diagnostics
• Involved in extensive Data Profiling for Month on Month Key Indicator analysis, to pro-actively identify issues in the Month-End Runs.
• Track / Trend Application performance and Support issues for weekly and monthly reporting
• Chair or participate in scheduled Support Status Calls / Month-end / Major Incident calls as required
• Opportunity to deliver in a challenging role to business users, and technology partners across multiple locations.
• Interaction with senior partners across Technology and Business.
• Opportunity for personal development, enhancement of business & technical skills and potential career advancement
• Gain technical and business understanding of the Finance Reporting business.
• Experience working on a team distributed across multiple locations, a high value is placed on intra-team communication and multi-location collaboration.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Highly Effective Organization skills.
• Strong Problem Solving skills.
• Experience with Databases / SQL and writing scripts, database queries.
• Experience with Unix Shell Scripting.
• Autosys [beneficial], Perl [beneficial].
• Knowledge of Ab-Initio ,Core Java [beneficial], Perl [beneficial], Cognos [beneficial] and Microstrategy [beneficial].
• Strong & Effective Communication.
• Influencing and Persuasiveness.
• Planning and Organisation.
• Problem Solving.
• Relationship Building.
Candidate must be quality-oriented with a proven history of delivering efficient, robust and flexible solutions in a complex and tightly controlled environment.
• Experience in a technical Support environment
• Experience operating as Team Lead
• Oracle and Sybase SQL script query composition
• Support Ab Initio graph operation in UNIX
• Advanced Autosys / Autowatch analysis and reporting skills
• A good academic background, with at least an under-graduate degree
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer