Citi Rates Middle Office Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17055511
• Ensure quality control over the trade details input into the Front Office risk management/trade capture system(s) by addressing discrepancies in the trade booking versus the Front Office execution parameters
• Manage and maintain controls over trade life cycle events including novations, unwinds, and amendments
• Analyze and comment on daily front-to-back reconciliation and exception reports
• Investigate or escalate queries raised by Operations, Legal/Compliance, and Product Control while working towards a final resolution
• Review static and market data for accuracy and completeness
• Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting to the trading desk and Middle Office management
• Participate in special projects including, but not limited to performance analysis, implementation and support for new trading initiatives, and providing specifications and testing for new technologies
• Experience working with Interest Rate Derivatives or Fixed Income products, preferably in a Middle Office, Operations, or Product Control capacity.
• Strong Excel skills (VBA a major plus).
• Familiarity with PandL reporting and explanation including Fixed Income risk metrics, e.g. analytic Greeks.
• High systems aptitude with experience in system implementation and testing.
• Must be creative and open-minded as the Middle Office is looking to find the best possible solution for issues.
• Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and under tight deadlines, as part of a team, and be incredibly self-motivated.
• Flexible with working hours as the position will occasionally require late nights and potentially weekend work.
• Familiar with Dodd-Frank and EMIR regulatory rules
• Knowledge of ISDA definitions and Industry initiatives is a plus
• Proficient in Markitwire and DTCC processes
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer