Continental Corporation HR Manager - Maternity Cover in Birmingham, United Kingdom
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 220,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 70002BR
Job Title HR Manager - Maternity Cover
Country United Kingdom
Posting Location Birmingham
To provide maternity cover as an experienced HR generalist the role will be fully and solely responsible for delivery of all aspects of HR.
This is an opportunity for someone to manage and develop HR practice within the business and to advise and mentor senior managers across the company to motivate and get the most out of their people.
Reporting to the Managing Director and based in Birmingham the successful candidate will be responsible for all HR related matters with the support of the HR Team.
• Support the Management Team with the implementation and delivery of HR initiatives and projects to include Retention, Development Programmes and Succession Planning.
• Manage HR team including HR Officer, Recruitment Manager and Payroll & Benefits Administrator taking overall responsibility for these areas.
• Provide advice to senior managers as and when required.
• Check payroll and ensure compliance with tax legislation.
• Case work including attendance, capability, performance, disciplinary, grievances, redundancy and TUPE and provide any required follow up response to the involved parties.
• Ensure company procedure documents are up to date and adhered to.
• Carry out ad hoc research e.g. industry pay bracket research, gathering information about staff benefit options etc.
• Uphold HR policies and relevant legislation through training, advice and information communication.
The successful person will have the following attributes and experience:
• HR Manager or Business Partner ideally within a Engineering Company.
• CIPD qualified.
• Experience of advising managers on HR policy and a range of people matters.
• Experience running in house payroll and thorough knowledge of tax legislation.
• Collaborative working style and ability to find win-win solutions.
• Ability to understand bigger picture and weigh up different courses of action.
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage different tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to perform manual payroll calculations.
• Strong administration skills are required to facilitate and maintain employee records.
• Excellent organization, clear communication and the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels are must-have skills.
What we offer
In joining Continental, the successful candidate can expect:
• A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
• A generous contributory pension scheme.
• On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
• Healthcare cash back scheme.
• Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
• Death in service insurance.
• Child care vouchers.
• Free on-site parking.
Contact Name Priyo Bhakta
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.