Johnson Controls Project Systems Specialist in Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Systems Design Engineer
Our belief is that great companies are powered by great people and led by inspired leaders; individuals who are authentic, who embrace new ideas, share a mutual respect for each other and do what’s right for their communities. Every day, we focus on our common goal of improving lives around the world. And we do this by working together and applying deep technical expertise to help our customers solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact.
Summary of role
Design and Systems Engineering of Security Systems, CCTV, Intruder and Access Control
· Looking after system design including the evolution, development and completion of a concept design (From infancy through to mature stage) through to delivery of a working system. You will be inheriting concept designs from the sales and technical support teams based off of our client’s requirements.
· Initial configuration of systems, and any re-configuration resulting from design changes, but not day to day operational or maintenance reconfiguration
· Defining the scope and technically plan the customer acceptance phase of projects as well as writing and executing acceptance tests, typically FAT and SAT.
· Design and where appropriate or required test to meet any regulatory requirements such as LVD, IEE Wiring, EMC and any requirements, specific to the project/application such as vibration, environment etc.
· Knowledge of both analogue and digital CCTV Systems, understanding of video compression, MPEG, H264 etc.
· Knowledge of Access Control Systems, Card reader types. Lock types and door configurations.
· Knowledge of IP networks and their component parts, Routing, Switching, Bandwidth
· Knowledge of PC's, Clients & Servers and Storage. Knowledge of or experience in using Microsoft Operating Systems
· Knowledge of electronics, electrical design, heat, power, interference, connectivity. This may come from RF Systems, Communications Systems, Control Systems etc.
· Knowledge of communications standards, such as RS232, RS485. Knowledge of Fibre Optic Transmission.//
· Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computing, Systems Engineering or similar
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader, serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders, through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. From managing many of the world’s most iconic buildings to making products that help save lives, the breadth of our opportunities empowers you to chart your own path. We are a truly global company that embraces diversity, rewards hard work and inspires people to reach for more. In an environment that is constantly evolving, we will set the foundation for you to grow and chart a career path that is as unique as you are. As part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact that people can feel. The world is waiting for you and so are we.
Job: *Customer Support
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Project Systems Specialist
Requisition ID: 1717253