Aon Corporation Project Manager - GBC & ARS Change Team (Chelmsford/ Homebased, UK) in Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Aon are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join our team in Chelmsford / Home Based. The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing projects, workstreams or initiatives across ARS UK and GBC within time, quality and cost which deliver agreed benefits and outcomes.
Working under guidance from a Change Director or senior PM the Project Manager will manage the following:
- To ensure that deliverables are clearly established with responsibility assigned and accepted by owners and each given completion deadlines.
- To drive projects to completion within agreed timescales and to agreed quality, ensuring that the benefits and outcomes are in line with expectations.
- To regularly capture and report on project progress to key stakeholders.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Project Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Definition – clearly define project scope and deliverables which achieve the strategic outcomes.
- Planning – develop and manage clear project plans which enable the successful delivery of projects.
- Change – manage changes to scope in accordance with defined governance processes.
- Progress – manage activity to ensure that progress is accurately tracked and monitored, identifying and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Inform – keep stakeholders sufficiently informed of project progress.
- Resources – manage project resources to successfully deliver project outcomes, identifying and escalating resources issues as appropriate.
- Risk Management – identify relevant project risks and develop appropriate mitigation strategies to manage those risks.
- Issues Management – manage and control issues raised throughout projects to their conclusion.
- Dependency management – identify and manage project dependencies.
- Cost and budget management – work with finance business partners to ensure that costs and benefits are accurately recorded and tracked.
- Reporting – provide regular monitoring, controlling and reporting of project progress to key Stakeholders.
- Recording – ensure that all project documentation is maintained to an acceptable standard and retained in accordance with best practice.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree level
- Project management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP), or prepared to work towards a relevant qualification.
- Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels including executive sponsors, business leaders, subject matter experts and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt content, style and level of detail of written and verbal communications to fit numerous, diverse audiences, selecting the most effective method in each case.
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate business problems in order to define clear activities which result in a desired solutions.
- Effective in identifying problems, performing analysis to determine root causes and skilled in the provision of workable solutions.
- Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project products simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness of all outputs.
- Able to manage project, prioritising key actions to ensure close management of stakeholders and action owners in order to achieve successful delivery of project products and outputs.
- An understanding of Project Management methodologies (such as Prince 2).
- A level of understanding of IT projects and change is desirable.
Proven experience in
- Being involved within a project team or environment.
- Facilitation of meetings; internal and third parties, including online/conference calls.
Proven ability in
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate level.
- Motivation of project teams and colleagues to enable deadline to be met.
- Using initative and make descisions under pressure.
- An understanding of the insurance industry.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Job number: 2435090
Category: Information Technology
Location: United Kingdom, ESS, Chelmsford