Aon Corporation Technicial Broking Specialist (London / Chelmsford, UK) in Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Technical Broking Specialist – Financial & Professional Services (London / Chelmsford, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Technical Specialist to join our F&PS; GBC team in London / Chelmsford. The Technical Specialist will be primarily responsible for:
- Drive technical excellence within the team in the creation of insurance contracts, development of wordings and clauses and the provision of technical advice and expertise;
- Drive delivery of successful operational performance in line with prescribed key performance metrics;
- Lead the technical support team members and represent the team on relevant groups and by building key relationships.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Technical Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Drive technical excellence within the team in the creation of insurance contracts, the development of wordings and clauses and the provision of technical advice and expertise.
- Contracts of Insurance (COIs):
- Review team’s draft / final MRCs;
- Ensure team’s ability to create COIs including upskilling in relation to the products as appropriate (including Risk Details and Wordings used in team);
- Be the single point of contact (SPOC) for the team, requesting / approving / implementing all amendments to the Offshore Pre-Renewal Documentation Grid;
- Authorise the exceptional production of BIDs and be the Authorised Signatory for BIDs.
- Wordings, Clauses & Templates & Product Development:
- Create and approve bespoke wordings / clauses;
- Develop and approve best in class product wordings (for SPS/product/client);
- Understand GBC’s Product Governance process (and ensure team comply );
- Approve team’s requests for wording, clause & template changes to WCT.
- Technical expertise & advice:
- Provide technical wording advice to team and clients (as part of the client facing team);
- Be the go-to technical expert for your team (to provide technical advice).
Drive delivery of successful operational performance in line with prescribed key performance metrics
- Support the team leader to drive performance to meet and exceed the agreed KPIs by:
- Managing the lifecycle dashboard to address overdue actions;
- Liaise with the Broking Technicians to prioritise work in line with client targets.
- Drive enhanced team performance in relation to documentation via:
- Peer review of MRC;
- Identification and remediation of common errors to drive improved documentation;
- Streamlined documentation (e.g. vertical placements);
- Wording / clause library development & efficient usage;
- Liaison with offshore team on pre-renewal process.
- Understand Aon’s compliance / operating procedures and ensure fully embedded within the team by providing training and advice as appropriate.
- Understand GBC Best Practice around process and documentation and ensure fully embedded within the team by providing training and advice as appropriate.
- Perform file reviews for team members (as agreed within BU) in line with KPI targets.
- Act as the primary focal point with regard to WCT-style file reviews to embed valid learning points within team.
Lead the technical support team members and represent the team on relevant groups and by building key relationships.
- Lead regular team meetings with the Broking Technicians.
- Provide training, coaching and/or mentoring for Broking Technicians and support career development to Technical Specialist.
- Take an active part (by attending all meetings fully prepared and communicating meeting outcomes to the team) in:
- GBC Standard MRC Best Practice Group
- GBC Best Practice Group
- GBC Brokasure Improvement Group
- other cross-divisional working groups, as appropriate
- Build and maintain close working relationship with:
- Compliance and Legal (referring items as appropriate)
- Central Broking Team (in relation to Product / SPS development)
- Wordings, Clauses & Templates (WCT) (in relation to wording, clause and template development)
- Insurers as appropriate to perform core responsibilities (e.g. Wording Underwriters)
- Have the ability to be part of the client team to assist in & maintain knowledge base in:
- Creation of draft / final MRC
- Producing / delivering tenders
- Relationship management – direct clients/networks
- Client meetings
- File maintenance (for their own role on the placement only)
- BID creation
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Technical Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or other further education;
- Professional business qualification; Cert CII / Equivalent
- Experience of Brokasure platform
- Operational Management experience;
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Job number: 2432399
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: United Kingdom, ESS, Chelmsford