American Express Account Protection Specialist - German Speaking in East Sussex, United Kingdom
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
German fraud: Account Protection Specialist role
The core function of an APS is to deliver superior customer experience by focusing in customer care principle, making it easy to do business with, recognizing our customers and solving the customers' problems. It is equally important to drive profitable spend by making sound and fact based decision taking into consideration both credit and fraud risk assessments.
- handle incoming authorizations requests - resolved within the assigned empowerment limit guided by existing international authorizations policies and procedures
- refer complex cases or charges above empowerment limit in accordance to the outlined concurrence and escalation matrix
- ability to detect and minimize credit and fraud risk whilst enabling spend at the same time.
- work on the dialer on an inbound and outbound basis to perform charge verifications, taking the appropriate action if fraud is confirmed or negated
- uphold the highest level of integrity by adhering to compliance including, but not restricted; to law and regulations, privacy and data protection principles, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, code of conduct and sanction rules.
- handle customers (service establishments and card members) basic enquiries after business office hours, weekends & public holidays, unless an exception is granted on market basis
- update support messages and account status into the credit authorisation system for fraud and credit reasons
- handle after hours credit, fraud, customer service, centurion and corporate customer inquiries after business office hours, weekends & public holidays
- support emergency replacement by liaising with foreign centres and ensure timely delivery to card members
- liaise with overseas servicing centres on authorisations requests and customer enquiries, both internal and external
- handle calls with highest quality standards and ensure we deliver our brand promise
- handle internal customer enquiries on authorizations related queries
- support other risk management functions as and when required
participate in scheduled off phone work related activities, including trainings, town halls, employee engagement and team building activities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
able to work under pressure
- a team player with excellent communication and analytical skills
- high level of integrity
- must be willing to work on shifts (24x7)
- highly service orientated and possesses good spoken and written skills in English
- excellent language skills German
understand risk management - preferably with risk operations background
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team email@example.com 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Account Protection Specialist - German Speaking
Location: GBR-East Sussex-Brighton
Requisition ID: 17012276