American Express Manager, Configuration Strategy & Transformation in East Sussex, United Kingdom
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
TLS serves both premium and non-premium Card Members around the world in numerous ways via several servicing channels including our telephone service centers (predominantly for premium Card Members) and market specific travel websites. There are significant opportunities for the TLS business to operate in a more efficient, streamlined and global servicing model. The Global Servicing Transformation (GST) team is charged with shaping the future of TLS by identifying customer servicing strategies that contribute to the configuration & transformation of TLS’ servicing model, delivering a significantly improved customer experience while also improving operational efficiency.
For this exciting new role, we are seeking a high achiever with a strategic mindset, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for the customer.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience and network efficiency by leveraging the current footprint and global expertise to its full potential
- Supporting the Director in developing mid-term and long-term strategies to optimise TLS’ servicing model and achieve competitive advantage through superior customer value
- Driving the implementation of configuration programs & strategies as part of an extended team and in partnership with multiple stakeholders including Finance, Workforce Planning, Real Estate and Technology
Challenge status quo through data, but also have an ability to also see the underlying processes used by the frontline and consider “subjective” elements of servicing to make decisions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Consultant’s mindset – someone who can ask the right questions, analyze the right data, and create compelling proposals to change the status quo
- Ability to influence key stakeholders without direct authority to ensure recommendations are executed to drive optimal results
- Excellent prioritisation skills and ability to work on multiple workstreams simultaneously and deliver on-time
- Highly analytical, and can form strategy based on interpretation of data
- Strong relationship management skills with experience working effectively with stakeholders across various levels of seniority
- Operational experience, including strong knowledge of key operational metrics, levers
- Strong financial acumen, preferably related to service delivery decisions
- Clear and confident communication style
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills a must
- Ability to travel regularly and work out-of-hours as is required of a global role
- Degree level or equivalent education (Postgraduate degree preferred)
Previous experience in running global strategies and configuration program is helpful
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Title: Manager, Configuration Strategy & Transformation
Location: GBR-Greater London
Other Locations: United Kingdom-East Sussex-Brighton
Requisition ID: 17008984