State Street Client Change Service Ops Manager, Officer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
The Officer will ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time, in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
The Officer will serve as an entry point for client queries, and will play a prominent role in any client change discussions. Provide subject matter expertise for new business onboarding and other projects as required.
Lead project and Drive internal change – *Time allocation 23%*
- Involvement in Outsourcing Governance, pool information and participate in calls
- Support/Lead Client Change events
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff, both within State Street and with clients & external parties
Control cost drivers and maximize revenue – Time allocation 15%
- Involvement in continuous evaluation of team operations, encouraging innovative ideas to enhance efficiency, reduce risk or increase revenue
Manage Core Activities & Risk – Time Allocation 22%
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures, initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Understand risks and make sure that appropriate, clearly defined controls are established and executed.
- Demonstrate strong risk awareness, taking steps to reduce State Streets exposure to risk
- Manage applicable laws and regulatory requirements and conform with the ‘risk’ escalation chain
- Involvement when required in daily production of prices, performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation, and suggesting appropriate development in order to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context.
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
- Gather and present information for any internal/external audit
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries within agreed timescales
- Manage own time and activities effectively setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and take remedial action, keeping the Change Manager informed
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
- Plan and manage all team deliverables and effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Pricing Manager when required
Client Interaction – Time Allocation 20%
- Participate in Service/Change Reviews and ad-hoc client meetings
- Ensure that KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
Participation in internal meetings – Time Allocation 20%
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments in COE’s and external contacts such as custodians, trustees, investment managers, auditors etc., providing technical expertise on the service provided
- Monitor the service from internal groups and feed into the relevant forums for COE’s.
- Attend regular meetings with the COE’s to maintain service levels and resolve issues
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Business degree from University or equivalent/relevant market experience
Skills and Experience -
- Fund Administration experience essential, preferably at a large financial institution
- Demonstrate good understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to manage complex client change and facilitate implementation
- Document change requests and track to completion
- IOC qualified
Required Competencies -
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
State Street Job ID: 172013
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Client Change Service Ops Manager, Officer
Job ID: 172013
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - Edinburgh