State Street Neutral Control Reconciliations administrator Associate-1 in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
*Purpose of Role: *
Complete all assigned tasks and processes, operating within the controls, guidelines and procedures as established by the team’s First Line Manager, including assisting other team members where required.
*Duties & Responsibilities: *
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of custody holdings v market through data input and the investigation and coding of exceptions to the relevant business areas.
- Liaise with relevant Fund Groups/Business Areas on reconciliation issues.
- Research client inquiries and issues. Develop timely and accurate responses to ensure the needs of the group are being met.
- Assist senior team members with client inquires and client contact.
- Be aware of and adhere to operational processes, regulatory and business continuity requirements and corporate standards
- Communication with many external and other internal parties for the purpose of issue investigation and resolution and also for understanding and clarifying market processes and standards.
- Liaise with relevant Fund Groups on failing break exceptions.
- Make recommendations to team leader for improvements to processes and procedures and for the resolution of problems.
- Ability to work independently and field enquiries from internal and external clients.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties including filing, operation of clean desk policy. Manage time and priorities effectively and be able to adapt quickly to new systems and processes.
- Maintain appropriate records of work undertaken.
Qualifications / Skill Set:
- Experience in the financial industry is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Important Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving and analytical
- Disposition - motivated, team player, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and processes affecting their role.
- Flexible to change and the needs of the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and analytical.
- Should be capable of working in a deadline/volume driven environment whilst maintaining accuracy and focus.
Able to prioritise and focus on the most urgent and important task. Should exhibit skill in planning and monitoring workload including self-management in order to achieve goals within expected timescales
State Street Job ID: 170589
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Neutral Control Reconciliations administrator Associate-1
Job ID: 170589
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - Edinburgh