EY EY - Assurance - Accounting Advisory - Senior/Assistant Manager in England, United Kingdom
Title: EY - Assurance - Accounting Advisory - Senior/Assistant Manager
Job Number: LON00C7P
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime
We’re looking for an Executive to join our treasury and commodities assurance and advisory team as we continue to grow and develop in this space. This is an opportunity to combine both technical and commercial insight, working in a project-based environment. Join us to address clients’ challenges in reporting for financial instruments as part of the audit process, in converting from GAAP to IFRS, advising on financial accounting excellence and GAAP conversions, and accounting for transactions including IPOs.
Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS)
Operating across the UK & Ireland and supporting EY practices across the EMEIA region, the team deliver four key services, Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Advisory and Risk consulting and Business Transformation. The team provide a ‘one-stop shop’ service across Commodity Trading finance and operations.
In your role as an Executive/Assistant Manager you will have responsibility for:
• Working as part of a team and taking responsibility for planning and executing of specific tasks in relation to the audit of the financial instruments section of the annual report of major global clients and FTSE listed entities;
• Using critical thinking skills to challenge accounting assumptions under applicable reporting GAAP (IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP and others);
• Developing expertise in accounting for commodity contracts and financial risks such as interest rate and FX, and identifying improvements to current client accounting process;
• Performance of basic financial instrument valuations;
• Working as part of a team to deliver of a range of projects with primary focus on financial audit, extending to risk advisory and business transformation;
• Conducting technical accounting analysis on financial instruments and commodity trading matters for clients;
• Building relationships with clients across commodity based industries with the aim of identifying new business opportunities;
• Conducting analysis on accounting policies in financial statements to support due diligence teams, tax restructuring transactions;
• Providing broader corporate treasury advisory services (e.g. cash management, funding, internal audit review of treasury functions etc.) to clients;
• Support senior team members in preparation of proposals and presentations for winning projects.
You will have knowledge and experience of the below:
• Audit experience of financial instruments section
• Attention to detail and ability to critically think and challenge assumptions
• Good knowledge of IFRS (specifically on the application of IAS 32, IAS39 and IFRS 7)
• Awareness of Hedge Accounting or economic hedging (both portfolio and micro hedging)
• MS Excel modelling functions desired but not critical
• Modelling experience desired but not critical
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.