EY Real Estate, Corporate Finance - Assistant Director in England, United Kingdom
Title: Real Estate, Corporate Finance - Assistant Director
Job Number: LON00C1X
We’re looking for Corporate Finance professionals across levels (specifically Senior Executives and Assistant Directors) to join our Real Estate Corporate Finance team due to current growth.
Our Real Estate Corporate Finance team has 25 dedicated real estate finance professionals including real estate investment bankers, Surveyors, financial modellers and accountants providing us with a deep and varied pool of skills to assist our clients across a wide range of their corporate finance requirements. Our reputation is built on innovation and collaboration, combining deep real estate sector knowledge with a practical, market focussed approach to transactions. The teams core services comprise the following –
• Buy and sell side advisory services relating to businesses, assets or loans
• Restructuring of underlying property portfolios
• Identification of potential corporate targets or purchasers
• Advice on the transaction structuring
•Managing the transaction process through to a successful conclusion
• Commercial review of strategic business goals and objectives
• Analysis and appraisal of assets, portfolios and businesses
• Advice to enhance financial performance through active capital management strategies
• Advising Clients in raising debt and equity for real estate backed investments
• Private placement of equity interests in real estate funds
• Advising on the acquisition or disposal or secondary interests in real estate funds
• Arranging capital for separate account solutions
• Sourcing equity for asset and portfolio led opportunities
We combine our sector expertise with our in-depth knowledge of transaction structures and financial instruments to advise clients on a range of situations and at all levels of the capital structure. We help clients in the following sectors –
• Real estate
• Hospitality and leisure
In your role in the Real Estate Corporate Finance team you will have responsibility for:
• Work in small client-focused teams of 2 or 3 providing advice and technical input as well as having extensive engagement with clients.
• Provide significant input into the delivery of capital raising and M&A transactions including undertaking financial analysis, preparing reports and presenting to clients.
• Support the management of buy and sell side M&A mandates through optimal positioning of the assets or business, identifying target bidders, preparing Information Memoranda and negotiating commercial terms.
• Support in the development of effective strategies for transactions and appraise the relative merits of each, identifying funders and investors, and negotiating terms.
• Support the project management of transactions or strategic assignments under the direction of assistant directors and directors/partners.
You will have knowledge and experience in the below:
• An accountancy, banking or surveying qualification
• Experience of real estate finance and/or corporate finance transactions
• Highly numeric, with financial modelling skills, preferably advanced
• Good understanding of the real estate market
• Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial approach
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.