Fluor Principal Estimator in Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Estimating Department Manager, the Lead Estimator will be responsible for providing estimating leadership and direction to multidiscipline estimating personnel reporting to them on projects. The individual should have between over 20 years experience in the estimating discipline in the oil, gas and chemical industry and has taken multiple lead roles in complex FEED or proposal CAPEX estimates with a value greater than $500 Million. Roles to be undertaken are leadership in the development of estimates for proposals as well as development of estimates for complex high value FEEDs utilizing Fluor’s estimating best practices. The candidate would preferably have experience in detailed lump sum estimating working closely with proposal and sales teams. The role will also include deputizing for the Estimating Manager for periods of time when required.
Activities could include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing detailed estimate development plans and interfacing between Engineering, Purchasing, Contracts and Construction to assess key deliverables and timeline for the estimate development.
• Preparing detailed estimate basis of estimate and managing internal and external reviews.
• Has a good knowledge of proposal requirements / contract terms and an understanding how they relate to proposal / project estimates.
• Has an excellent understanding of all direct and indirect elements of the estimate, knowledgeable in developing estimates including modular scope and can mentor more junior estimators in the development of such discipline estimates.
• Coordinate and direct the estimating function on proposals / projects to provide guidelines and reports for responding to Client and project management requirements.
• Preparing complete capital cost estimates autonomously for smaller Projects, coordinating information between the Engineering, Purchasing, and Construction groups, and helps determine the Project Execution Plan.
• Utilising expertise of other project professionals to establish total project estimates to ensure that all pertinent information is updated in relation to the present scope of work. This position will require direct interface with the client and contractors.
• Is able to write estimate plans and lead teams to execute all classes of estimate based on “AACE Estimate Classifications”
• Has excellent English written and oral communication skills as the role will include presentations for plans and estimates to Fluor and Client senior management.
• Has experience of leading multinational teams in multiple locations.
• Assisting in the development of home office and construction budgets.
• Development of “Control Budgets” for turnover to the Project Control team.
• Champion the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
• Willingness to support new estimating systems and mentor others in roll-out of such
• Deputize for Estimating Manager on an as required basis, interfacing with Fluor senior management team
• Provide the appropriate, positive environment that encourages the growth of other departmental personnel in pursuing their career path
Job ID: 100224BR
Country: United Kingdom
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.