Cisco Systems Engineer - South in Feltham, United Kingdom
Systems Engineer - South
Location: Feltham, England, United Kingdom
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Job Id 1218645
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer looking to take their career to the next level. The ideal candidate will have extremely strong networking skills with a flair and drive in datacentre technology. The ideal candidate will help drive key deals in selected prestigeous account as well as being an advocate for the customer within Cisco and contribute to a Global Cisco team.
This opportunity will touch a variety of Cisco technology solutions, focusing on the financial enterprise business sector.
In this job you will:
• Translate enterprise customer needs in high level solutions design.
• Bring new networking technologies to market.
• Liaise with the Business Units and Technical Marketing to understand our products, technologies and Services.
• Continuously help develop our solutions by providing feedback from the field.
• Prepare model RFP's and response to customer RFP's.
• Conduct training and technical workshops for Customers and internal teams.
• Understand competitor offerings and provide input to the sales team on product positioning and differentiation.
• Represent Cisco on community forums and customer facing events.
• Handle post-sales escalation and resolve issues, by coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
At Cisco you will be the first to benefit from what our technology can offer. Our approach is to enable you to be flexible in how you arrange your work, making sure you give and take the best.
Who You'll Work With
Systems Engineers in Cisco are technical leads that advice and support Sales teams with pre-sales and deep technical knowledge. You’ll get to work across a vast portfolio of Switching, Routing, Wireless Lan, Network Orchestration, Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Things and Security.
Cisco Pre-sales delivers the message about the vital role the network plays to our customers and partners.
New demands on the network are calling for new solutions: SDN, NSO, Orchestration, iWAN and more importantly, secure networks that can sense and enforce security threats.
We help customers understand how to use these state of the art networks. And make it possible for them to achieve their business goals in ways they would never have imagined.
The network touches everything: come and define it with us.
Who You Are
Strong understanding of Campus networking (L2/L3), Software Defined Networking , Datacentre virtualization, Orchestration and NFV for enterprise application orchestration is highly desirable.
Industry Financial knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
Have close working knowledge of Key consultancy firms such as KPMG, Accenture, PWC, E&Y
Ability to demonstrate past or previous influence points/solutions for these key accounts
Ability to show preference or solution influence with key business architects
Knowledge of IOT and Digitisation
Knowledge of customer datacentre trends and implications of top-of-rack solutions
Written whitepapers on technology relevant to customer and Cisco sales teamsAbility to work with global team
You bring 4 + years pre-sales engineering or technical customer facing experience.
You have BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline.
Preferably have CCNA, CCNP or CCIE certifications.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Write and speak English fluently.
• Thorough understanding and deep dive into some or all of the following technologies : Cisco DC Solutions including but not limited to UCS Compute, Nexus 9k, 7K , ACI , Policy Orchestration tools, iWAN and applicable branch office technologies
• Knowledge of Cisco products and Cisco certifications are preferred.
• Adept at using initiative, discretion and judgment to apply technical solutions to complex sales opportunities.
• Adept at customer interactions from the CIO through to technical staff.
• Knowledge of sales cycle.
• Impactful verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills.
• Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience.
• Ability to work independently and remotely as well as with your team to accomplish objectives.
• Good understanding of the market space and offerings.
• Ability to train and coach others in our enterprise technologies.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.