Marriott Restaurant Manager in Greater London, United Kingdom
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Heathrow Hotel has been going beyond for guests for more than 40 years. Firmly established as one of the most convenient hotels in Heathrow, with 426 bedrooms and 20 modern full-flexible meeting rooms we are a popular choice for a wide range of travellers. In early 2017, we will complete a multi-million pound guest room transformation which will elevate the guest experience ensuring Sheraton Heathrow Hotel remains a welcoming comfortable place for many years to come. To create 'Go Beyond' experiences for all our guests we need people that inspire and take action! Being part of the Sheraton family means striving for your personal best. Learn, grow and reach your potential as a member of our thriving and dynamic team.
As our Restaurant Manager you will be responsible for the supervision and direction of outlet service staff and training of other F&B Supervisors, assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for outlets. It is important to constantly be interacting with guests to ensure a positive guest experience and ensuring that any guest complaints are handled with immediately should they arise
- Knowledge of all F&B Standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health and sanitation standards
- Knowledge of menu planning
- Goodcommunication skills, both verbal and written.
- Musthave basic computer skills and good use of Micros
- Musthave a minimum of 2 years Food & Beverage experience
- At least 1year supervisory experience will beessential
Mustbe a team player and able to work varying shift patterns. The ideal candidate must also be smart in appearance and be able to cope well under pressure, with strong multitasking skills. This role provides a great opportunity to learn about the operations of a hotel food and beverage outlets.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Themain responsibilities of Restaurant Manager will include:
- Consult and effectively and positively manage changes inoperation levels,policy and procedures with direct reports.
- Manage and assist the team in the service of a quality food & beverage product to customers across all outlets
- To carry out frequent departmental checks of the Orchard Restaurant, Grenadier Dining Room, Club Lounge, Discovery Bar , Link Cafe., IRD and banqueting .
- Work across all areas of Food & Beverage Department, to ensure that guest expectations are exceeded and standards are consistently maintained to the required levels.
- To interview and recruit new restaurant staff and to carry out induction training for all new members of staff
- Upselling and identification of additional revenue opportunities within the department
- Maintain and adhere to billing policies andSOPs,and be comfortable training staff on each procedure
- To conduct quarterly appraisals with direct reports and to conduct performance or disciplinary related reviews with direct reports as necessary on a timely basis
- To effectively manage overtime, lieu time, holidays as required by the business and within budgetedallowance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Location: GBR-Greater London
Requisition ID: 17001R9M