General Electric Operations flow leader in Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation at http://www.geaviation.com , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Day to day, tactical management of employees, aimed at maximising production in a safe working environment and to quality standards. First line management.
• First line manager, providing leadership and coaching for Shop employees, and driving engagement and motivation in the team/s
• Set the day to day direction for the team and solve problems in the area
• Team development, deployment and performance management
• Own the visual management processes
• Administration and Vouchering Management (including Holiday, TMS, OVTM, Booking on PROTOS, DRs)
• Absence management
• Support ‘self-empowered’ teams
• Drive an EHS and Quality culture within the team/s and set the example for good practice.
• Carry out risk assessments; EHS and Quality audits, arrange health surveillances, accident prevention and investigations; ensure calibration and zero quality escapes.
• Promote and develop internal and external customer satisfaction and positive customer relationships through on-time delivery of quality product.
• Understands strategies for ensuring manufacturing/repair processes to meet product conformity requirements
• Eliminate waste in processes
• Identify and effectively deal with bottlenecks that will affect the plan and escalate where appropriate
• Ensure document control - controlled copy of shop documents (drawings and MPs)
• Implementation of contingency Plans when required (e.g. for machine breakdowns)
• Knowledge of manufacturing operations
• Experience in a manufacturing supervisory position
• Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
• Ability to develop and motivate a high-involvement team
• Prior experience with regulatory agencies and knowledge of requirements is preferred
• Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of GE products, processes, customer requirements and budgeting/financial processes is preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
Locations: United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.