Covance Sample Coordinator in Harrogate, United Kingdom
Are you looking to start a rewarding career working in the laboratory?
Would you enjoy working as part of a team helping to research and deliver advances in medicine?
If so, a position as a Sample Coordinator could be the role for you.
Sample Coordinator - In this position, you will:
• Performs any combination of sample accession tasks, including opening, entering, and posting of samples.
• Reviews sample inventory against samples received to ensure accuracy and communicate discrepancies.
• Handles internal customer inquiries and requests.
• Distributes sample information and paperwork to appropriate cost centres.
• Prepares samples for analysis as required.
This is a time pressured Sample Coordinator role, and we look for candidates who are hard working, flexible and happy to “go the extra mile” for the benefit of the team.
You will be required to work to a shift pattern that includes evenings and weekends.
In return you’ll receive excellent career development opportunities, allowing you to develop into a number of exciting and varied potential career paths.
You’ll also receive a competitive salary, excellent company pension, and several other benefits that you’d expect from a market leading global organisation.
Sample Handling Laboratory Technician candidates should be educated to GCSE level as a minimum. Experience of working within a similar setting is preferred but not essential.
Education / Qualifications
GCSE’s, A-levels or equivalent
• Some previous practical laboratory experience in a similar environment would be an advantage • Good communication skills and an ability to work within appropriate company procedures • Ability to utilise word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and specialised software on personal computers.
Job Location(s) UK-Harrogate
Job Number 2017-13429
Job Category Scientific Entry Level
Position Type Full-Time