Envigo RMS, Inc. Director of Biopharmaceutical Development in Huntingdon, United Kingdom
At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
We're currently looking for someone to join us as one of the company’s Directors of Biopharmaceutical Development. The overall responsibility of the position will be to provide strong scientific support in delivering solutions to customers (internally and externally) developing biologics with a strong focus on products such as monoclonal antibodies and vaccines, but including others such as recombinant proteins / peptides, oligonucleotides, gene and cell therapies. A good understanding of these therapeutic products will be advantageous in this role as would the design and execution of in vivo studies.
The job holder will work with the other members of the biologics team, external customers and operational departments within the business to assist in the flawless execution of biologics studies.
The successful candidate will be a key resource for, in particular; the Business Development, Toxicology and Pharmacology groups. The job holder is also expected to take a key role in assisting the business in developing the services it needs to support customers developing biologics, this will require active membership of the Biologics Leadership team a team designed to drive forward the scientific credibility and service offering of Envigo.
As a Director of Biopharmaceutical Development at Envigo your main responsibilities will be:
- Understand the way in which biologics therapeutics are being developed and advise the business on any new developments
- Ensure that strong links are maintained with sales and operational areas in order to keep an integrated approach to biologics development solution provision
- Play a personal and “hands-on” role in advising on specific studies or programmes (with Business Development, Business Services and Programme Management)
- Be an advisor, as required, to our study scientists on assay development “troubleshooting” related matters
- Expand influence beyond non-clinical safety assessment into discovery and clinical areas of the business
- To elevate the scientific standing of Envigo by publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at scientific meetings
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- A higher degree in a relevant subject e.g. biology, immunology, virology, pharmacology or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing preclinical / discovery / proof of concept / safety in vivo projects to a successful conclusion in an academic or industrial environment
- Proficiency in overseeing the design and running of preclinical biopharmaceutical development projects
- Strong understanding of project management business objectives
- Enthusiasm to learn the science of biologics mentor others in a matrix management environment
- Familiarity with biopharmaceutical drug discovery and development
- The role will require willingness and ability to travel worldwide at least 20% of the time
If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us and help us achieve our mission – to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for.
Req ID: 5663
Location: Huntingdon, UK