Mattel Brand Activation Intern in Kingdom Maidenhead, United Kingdom
THIS IS A YEAR-LONG PLACEMENT, DESIGNED FOR STUDENTS IN THEIR SECOND YEAR OF UNIVERSITY WHO ARE LOOKING FOR A YEAR IN INDUSTRY AS PART OF THEIR DEGREE COURSE.
At Mattel, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
- 25 days annual leave
- Half Day Fridays
- Private Healthcare
- Casual dress code
- Great discount on Toys!
In Brand Activation, we all work as a team to support each other and our brands to help them strengthen and grow. Day-to-day tasks include creating TV edits, speaking with retailers and supplying brand assets to designers for promotion. As interns, we are responsible for helping select new products and coming up with ideas on how to develop our Showroom. BA interns work alongside their fellow interns and brand managers, enabling them to become fully immersed in their brands!
Main Tasks: Brand Management Support:
- Assist in planning and supporting key marketing activities by working with key internal partners and external agencies
- Assist in briefing and executing TV campaigns with external agency
- Work with Design agency on key projects
- Responsible for digital/web updates for relevant brands
Opportunity to support team and present to key influencers during Sales Previews and Toy Fairs Business Analysis:
Complete management of weekly Brand tracking reports
- Preparation and distribution of Brand Reports for US counterparts
Evaluate and provide analysis of TV campaigns Brand Marketing Team Admin Support:
Complete management of Invoicing and Purchase Order process through Oracle
- Support team in ordering of samples and execution of Toy Fair Showroom
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support such as coordinating sales previews, internal or external meetings, preparation of documents, etc.
Responsible for minimum 2 marketing projects:
- These will be determined on start based on business needs, the job holder will have full responsibility for scope and delivery and accountability for delivering the agreed project objectives
Experience, Education & Skills
- Computer skills, Excel skills are essential, knowledge of other MS Office applications (including PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet search skills
- Organisational awareness
- Strong communicator in written and verbal communication
- Strong with numbers and analysis
- Good time manager and Co-ordination skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and manage expectations
- Attention to detail
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us atwww.mattel.com/careers,www.facebook.com/MattelCareersorwww.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Brand Activation Intern
Requisition Number: 172425
Location: United Kingdom - Maidenhead
Zip Code: SL6 4UB
Job Category: Marketing