J&J Family of Companies Sales / Professional Training Manager UK - Pharmacy (Field based) in Leeds, United Kingdom
Sales / Professional Training Manager – Pharmacy Sales
Position Title: UK Training Manager
Department: Customer Development
Reports to: Head of Professional Development
Reporting office: Maidenhead
Location: Field based
About the company
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans for the future make this a great place to further your career.
About the role
This Training role has two focuses: 1) Training our internal field sales team (60%), 2) Training Healthcare Professionals (40%)
The UK Training Manager (UKTM) is responsible for training and developing members of the Pharmacy and Professional Sales Channel to drive strategic customer relationships and upskill commercial acumen. Throughout the professional sales force the main objective is to achieve advocacy, active recommendation and therefore increased sales through the delivery of training to targeted groups of HCP’s, Field Sales Force Development Managers and Territory Managers in addition to Independent Pharmacy/ Multiple Pharmacy & throughout the UK & across the identified priority Consumer categories.
The training to be accessible remotely (hard copy and on-line) and delivered Face to Face, via Conferences and other communications where appropriate. This to be achieved by applying category and product knowledge with excellent presentation skills.
Customer & HCP Training
· Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key Customer Development, Field Sales Force & Marketing individuals. The key objectives being to identify training opportunities & prioritising strategically important brands and customers as identified in the Company ‘Must Win Battles’.
· Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key contacts
· Deliver product training to targeted groups of HCP’s, Undergraduates, Pre -Registration students, from Independent Pharmacy/ Multiple Pharmacy & Universities, also to External Managers, Team Managers, Sales Support Staff, Skincare Advisors.
· Complete Training Evaluation Summaries and act on feedback provided to ensure best practice is maintained.
· Work with colleagues in HR and the FSF to induct Graduate intake each year with a pharmacy overview, introduction to J&J, training on key categories and selling skills.
· Where appropriate train Field Sales force on new products, claims, indications, commercial, category and shopper initiatives. Also provide refresher training in advance of key commercial initiatives.
· Integrate into the total Pharmacy channel working with the people managers to identify training needs and training session development.
Compliance and Obligations:
· Ensure quality and compliance by complying with the laws, regulations and industry codes governing interactions with Health Care Professionals and/or Government Officials
· Objectives that support the delivery of compliance and quality include the completion of all mandatory training, the necessary due diligence of third party intermediaries, and the support/completion of work for internal/external audit.
· All HCP interface to comply with policy including:
· Fee for service
· Promotional presentations
· Educational Grants
· Sampling to be given out in line with HCC regulations, as stated in Standards and Tasks.
· Stock reconciliation form completed in line with HCC regulations, as stated in Standards and Tasks and submitted to the Head of Professional Development on a monthly basis.
· Fully comply with statutory obligations by immediately reporting all Customer Complaints and Adverse Events
· Respond with a sense of urgency and efficiency to Customer queries.
· Extensive adult training experience is essential, preferably within Commercial, Category, Science or Healthcare
· Sales coaching experience essential
· Excellent NHS knowledge and experience essential
· Bachelors degree desirable. For individuals with appropriate training or sales experience but without a Degree, two A levels and five GCSE at A-C including English Language, Maths would be acceptable.
· Must be able to demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain strong commercial and professional relationships with customers.
Closing date: 11th August
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Berkshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Nottinghamshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-London, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Bristol, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Surrey, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Liverpool, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leicestershire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Derby, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Sheffield, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Oxfordshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Manchester, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Nottingham, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Derbyshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Birmingham, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Newcastle upon Tyne, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Bedfordshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leicester, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Hertfordshire, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Buckinghamshire
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)