Continental Corporation Software Engineer (PSD) in Lewes, United Kingdom
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 40,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.4 billion in 2015.
Auto req ID 69052BR
Job Title Software Engineer (PSD)
Country United Kingdom
Posting Location Lewes
Your main tasks are:
Embedded C/C++ development.
Integrate and optimise algorithms that take input from cameras, Ultrasonic and LiDAR sensors and dynamically create virtual environmental maps.
Highly optimised ARM coding, achieving coding standard compliant, highly efficient code with the smallest possible memory footprint.
Develop base infrastructure code to SOP (Production) delivery standards.
Work as part of the software development team in Lewes, in co-operation with our algorithm development team.
▪ Requirements based software design and architecture definition.
▪ Strict adherence to Continental process and coding standards.
▪ Algorithm porting and platform specific optimisation.
▪ Participation in peer software code reviews.
▪ Interact with other Conti teams as directed by Team Leaders and Project Managers.
▪ Interact with OEM teams as directed by Team Leaders and Project Managers.
▪ Embedded software implementation.
▪ Take a shared responsibility for the implementation and the quality of software and algorithm components.
▪ Collaboration with the Lewes Test Team to exhaustively test and validate software and algorithm components.
▪ Set an example of excellence to peers.
▪ Contributing to short and long term detailed planning as required.
▪ Regular reporting on status to lead engineers and when required, to management.
▪ Contributing to the identification of risks and risk management.
• Education: Degree level (or equivalent) Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics, Maths or Physics.
• Professional Experience: At least three years experience of embedded software development.
• Project Experience: Ideally automotive software development experience.
• Embedded C / C++ programming.
• Embedded Linux and Multi-core development experience.
• Experience of Camera/Vision processing, ideally including fusion of camera derived data with non-camera derived sensor data.
• Experience of Ultrasonic and LiDAR sensor data processing and mapping.
• Embedded Software development (ICE, JTAG etc).
• Knowledge of RTOS, memory management and Hardware bring-up an advantage.
• Assembler programming, an advantage but not essential.
• Experienced working with version control systems.
• Makefile systems (make, CMake).
• Electronics hardware knowledge an advantage.
• Ideally has experience of working in a multi-site, multi-country organisation.
• Fluent English language skills, German an advantage but not essential.
What we offer
Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Performance related Bonus.
Annual salary: 30,000 - 46,000 depending on skills and experience.
Application closing date: 21 September 2017
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.