Western Union AML Compliance Manager (12 Month FTC) in London, United Kingdom
Job Title: AML Compliance Manager (12 Month FTC)
Requisition #: 1704881
We’re seeking an AML Compliance Manager to join our international team based in London on a 12 month basis. In this role, the AML Compliance Projects manager is responsible for providing co-ordination, governance and subject matter expertise to key compliance and business initiatives affecting WUBS business across the UK and Europe (including entities providing WUBS products under the WUIB license). The position will ensure regional AML/ Compliance regulatory requirements are fully and accurately captured in all new projects and initiatives including those related to global compliance initiatives as well as business initiatives (new product, channel, country expansion).
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• You will act as subject matter expert for global/ regional compliance as well as business initiatives (new product, channel and country expansion). Ensure regional regulatory requirements are fully and accurately captured and dealt with.
• You will coordinate global compliance project implementation in the UK and Europe. Evaluate potential risks and issues in collaboration with Compliance Officers locally. Escalate to the Director Financial Crime, Europe issues which cannot be resolved.
• You will ensure regular communication with global, regional and local teams and provide timely updates and progresses on specific projects to the relevant stakeholders. Ensure project status, action items are accurately recorded.
• You will act as subject matter expert for the review of global and regional policies, procedures and risk assessments. . Ensure all documents reflect business profile, current legislation and industry guidance. Liaise with Central Compliance teams managing the governance process around policies and procedures.
• You will recommend AML program improvements and enhancements to the Director Financial Crime, Europe (governance, processes, procedures, etc.)
• You will create and maintain the Financial Crime Project Action Plan with the Director Financial Crime, Europe.
• You will identify and keep abreast of new legislation, regulation and industry guidance and assess its impact for WUBS in collaboration with Legal and the Compliance Universe team.
• You will co-ordinate activities relating to regulatory inspections and audits
What you will need to succeed:
• Minimum of two years’ experience in AML/ Compliance / Financial Crime within the financial services sector preferably in the UK or EU country. Proven experience of leading projects or project implementation required.
• Leadership – Strong, decisive, bottom-line and action-oriented manager. Effective communicator on both an individual and group level. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex, technical information to non-technical people. Ability to communicate at a senior management level
• Team player – Has a global mindset and can build relationships across cultures. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Effectively motivates to achieve common goals. Builds self confidence in others. Share information and keeps team members and supervisors informed
• Strategic Thinking and Planning – strong analytical skills. Understanding of technology and best practices in the AML/ compliance field
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree and equivalent job experience in the financial services or compliance industry
• Experience of handling regulatory/external audit and inspections desirable
• Fluency in other European language(s) desirable (English required)
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and proficiency with software such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint
• Keeps abreast of changes in AML-CFT regulatory developments
• Good multi-tasking ability. Able to work in autonomy with minimal supervision and to work to deadlines;
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.