Citi Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Master's Degree
Job Function: Research
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17071138
• Lead analyst for US Healthcare across the loans, high yield bonds and CDS
• US healthcare is one of the most prominent sectors within US high yield, and comprises 15% of the total HY market index.
Citi Research focuses on delivering high quality investment insights to credit investors on a global basis with a high emphasis on independence and objectivity in its products and insights. The unit produces regular written research and also frequently communicates with clients verbally and electronically. The Credit Strategy team aims to provide clients with advice on running a credit portfolio such as coming up with tactical trade ideas, advice on portfolio risk management, etc.
• Communicate trade ideas and recommendations to key institutional clients, and internal markets professionals
• Perform “deep dive” fundamental research with strong analytical output, including long-term estimates for individual credits and individual growth forecasts for sector/sub-sector
• Collaborate across research platform to “increase” client mindshare
• Innate ability to perform relative value across credit s and sub-sectors
• Unparalleled knowledge of the leveraged credit markets, including bond covenants and credit agreements
• Intimate knowledge of healthcare sector, and key drivers across all sub-sectors, as well as good working knowledge of regulatory landscape
• Excellent inter-personal and writing skills
• Ability to leverage research and markets platforms, and have an impact across internal and external constituencies
• The candidate should have extensive years of experience and strong relationships with buy-side and issuers.
• Preferably ranked in external client surveys (Institutional Investor Fixed Income Survey)
• MBA (or equivalent) and CFA preferred
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer