Aon Corporation Assistant Portfolio Manager (London / South East,UK) in London, United Kingdom
The role's primary responsibility will be to assist in the management of individual client portfolios and asset class funds as well as portfolio analysis and commentary. We can consider candidates at both ARL 7 & 8 for this position.
Your impact as an Assistant Portfolio Manager:
- Input into portfolio construction for both client and fund-of-fund portfolios
- Research and analysis on third party funds
- Ensuring efficient implementation of Aon’s best market and manager views in DCS client portfolios.
- Working with third party fund managers in relation to client investments
- Preparation of fund attribution and commentary for Portfolio Managers
- Daily cash and exposure management of client portfolios including monitoring of client specific mandate restrictions
- Assisting in the transition of client portfolios into the DCS structure
- Ad hoc project work
You bring skills and expertise
- Some progress towards a recognised investment qualification
- Excellent numerical ability and analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg preferred
- Some knowledge of all major asset classes and a general understanding of macro-economic trends
- Knowledge of different pooled and segregated investment structures
- Knowledge of trading, pricing and settlement desirable
- Knowledge and practical experience of performance measurement
- Knowledge of the UK institutional pension fund market preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Team player
- Proactive and self-starter
- High attention to detail
- Remains calm under pressure
- Can effectively prioritise and manage workload
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
*About Aon *
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Job number: 2417475
Location: United Kingdom, London