Citi CCET Risk Data & Analytics Senior Developer in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17068874
As part of the Citi Equities growth strategy, a senior technical lead is being sought to drive the build out of the Equities Data Fabric. This platform underpins the core risk stack and is critical to delivery of the strategy. This candidate will lead a global initiative to drive creation and renovation of a temporal data architecture within equities but also broadcasting this platform across Markets technology.
This is a key focus area for the Equity Derivatives Risk Renovation work. The successful candidate will be London based and will work within a global team servicing clients in all of the key trading hubs as well as off-shore locations.
This is a senior position and requires extensive strategic thinking and new build in partnership senior technology stakeholders. The successful candidate will drive the transformational strategy of the Equities Data Fabric in the front office environment and play a key part in Citi’s Equity Derivative growth plans.
The Equities Risk and Derivatives technology team globally supports the Equities Front Office risk and derivative trading platform, providing the business with capabilities to manage intra-day and overnight pricing, risk and PNL of positions, as well as the full lifecycle of derivatives products. The organization is undertaking a complete revamp of the platforms, in order to support business expansion plans to close the gap to competition. Data is key asset for the Derivatives business and we are seeking a senior lead to drive the renovation of the entire Data Fabric and shape the deliveries of our Data Services API layers going forward.
• Hands on and passionate technical lead who can turn requirements into a detailed design, building consensus within the team and delivering to committed timescales
• Management responsibilities within the team including hiring, mentoring, and fostering a culture of engineering excellence
• Can apply expert knowledge of Java and distributed computing to large scale real-time data processing problems
• Can apply expert knowledge of RDBMS / NoSQL / time-series / graph data-stores
• Build and deploy applications on Cloud + Linux platforms
• Drive adoption of recommended common development tools within ESST Area51 team.
This is a high-visibility opportunity to help transform Equities Risk and Derivatives systems into an integrated, best-in-class platform that will represent technology response to growing ambitions to further Citi’s standing in the Equity Derivative business as well as shaping the direction of Data Fabric technologies across all Markets technology
• Experience in leading exceptional technology teams as either a technical lead or architect
• Excellent development skills in Java
• Strong functional programming skills in a JVM based language (Clojure / Scala)
• Experience of NoSQL Big Data platforms
• Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Demonstrable understanding of concurrent and distributed design patterns and system architecture
• Demonstrable experience of applying TDD and BDD development practices
•Experience of contemporary distributed event processing platforms (Storm / Samza / Akka)
•Experience with Oracle development including stored procedures, partitions, optimisation techniques
•Experience of C++ / C# / Python
•Experience with Confluence, JIRA, GIT and/or Bitbucket
•Experience of working in a Front Office environment / Financial Instruments
•Excellent academic record, degree level minimum - preferably Science, Technology, Mathematics or Engineering (flexible based on experience)
•Any technical qualification in Java / Big Data would be a plus
•Proactive and dynamic
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer