State Street Compliance Analyst, Assistant Vice President in London, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
SSGA is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to work in this compliance role. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Compliance organization and will be located in London. The candidate will play a key role in managing the SSGA EMEA Risk based Compliance Monitoring program and reporting framework which incorporates monitoring business activities and controls to facilitate on-going compliance with policies and regulatory requirements
A strong background of experience delivering compliance monitoring/testing programs is essential, ideally within a large international organization and/or within asset management. Knowledge of existing and forthcoming UK and EU regulatory framework is also essential.
High levels of drive and focus together with enthusiasm for working in an international organization and adapting to different cultures are each pre-requisites.
- Responsible for leading the SSGA EMEA risk based monitoring program. The program incorporates monitoring business activities and controls to facilitate on-going compliance with policies and regulatory requirements and to identify patterns of improper behavior or activities, material or systemic weaknesses and potential product-related problems.
- Assisting SSGA EMEA Compliance Managers with the design and implementation of their entities’ risk based monitoring program
- Coordinating and tracking of reviews for each specific area of the business in line with the Compliance Monitoring program
- Handle and review appropriate Corrective Actions that has arisen from monitoring activities; assist Compliance Manager and SMES’s in reviewing the facts against the regulations or policy and determining the scope of the breach and the appropriate remediation
- Assist with raising key monitoring findings to business management
- For control and process issues identified in the course of the monitoring program, provide oversight of the on-line global issue tracking tool to track action items raised for respective issues from inception through to completion for action items. Proactively liaising with the business to help ensure actions are closed out on a timely basis and issues are raised timely
- Participate in the annual and on-going regulatory risk assessment process, assessing inherent and control risks for various compliance program topics and assisting with determining a relevant risk response
- Produce monitoring based management information for reporting provided to internal sources (e.g. CCO/ SCO Reporting, dashboards, etc.)
- Contribute to the annual assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk based monitoring program as well as the wider compliance oversight program to the EMEA Head of Compliance
- Leading the implementation and delivery of education and training relating to the compliance monitoring program within the compliance team and across the business.
- Support the on-going coordination and information sharing with other control groups (specifically controls and testing) to ensure that control functions are carried out efficiently and effectively
- To attend industry briefings provided by law firms and regulatory consultants
- Further, the individual may become involved in all aspects of the Compliance Program including ad-hoc support for other members of the team
Specific Qualifications / Experience:
- The individual should be educated to degree level with a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience within asset management compliance
Level of Education:
- Regulatory Qualifications an advantage
Additional professional, academic or relevant industry qualifications are also desirable
State Street Job ID: 168700
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Compliance Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 168700
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - London