Turner Broadcasting Content & Acquisitions Assistant in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Content & Acquisitions Assistant
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Administrative/Clerical
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have a n analytical mindset? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Content and Acquisitions Assistant to provide administrative support to the Acquisitions team buying programming for Turner Broadcasting Systems portfolio of General Entertainment and Childrens Channels, UK & Nordics.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region.
The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
This is an administrative post, requiring confidence with and databases and rights. The role is to manage the administration of acquisition contracts for channels in UK and Nordics, including liaison with external distributors, raising Purchase Orders and materials delivery. This role is managed by the Acquisitions Manager with a dotted line to the Channels Director, working closely together on a daily basis. It will also require frequent contact with Legal, Finance, Scheduling, Materials, Creative, Presentation, PR and Marketing.
You will be expected to:
- Maintain accurate and timely records of channel distribution and programme licence agreements in Excel.
- Develop and maintain programme supply, channel information and acquisition databases.
- Act as contact point for internal departments.
- Summarise contract and rights information into deal memo form.
- Supervise the distribution of channel information to partners and relevant departments as required.
- Collate programme information and availability as required to support the ongoing supply of programming to new and existing channels.
- Manage the administration of acquisition contracts into the finance system including raising Purchase Orders and Invoice tracking.
- The post holder will be required to provide administrative support to the team, i.e. office administration, travel and meeting arrangements and other relevant tasks.
- Ad hoc additional projects as required by line manager.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel (experience with using financial databases).
- Good mathematical / analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills,with the confidence to evaluate current systems and propose solutions
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Demonstrable interest in the television channels industry and television programmes with the ability to assess titles and evaluate their suitability for Turner services
- Detail orientated with an understanding of downstream impacts of the role and responsibilities.
- Proactive sensibility with the confidence to pick up and answer queries.
- Confidence with legal contract administration
- Confidence in liaising and communicating with a wide range of people
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Loves TV and watches lots of it
Working from our London Head Office in the heart of Soho, you will have to opportunity to work for a truly global company. With Global scope and local focus, we will find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find turner.
Less Fear. More Fun. All In.