State Street EMEA IMS Integrated Data Control Manager - Vice President in London, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. State Street has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Investment Operations. State Street are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The candidate will be expected to manage the day to day running of the EMEA Integrated Data Control Teams with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to our clients. The role involves the close liaison with multiple cross functional global teams as well as the client Middle and Front Office contacts for in scope clients.
The senior line manager is required to manage the team effectively in order to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a client conversion
- Manage the Integrated Data Control Team in the EMEA region. This includes the Enterprise Business Solutions, Portfolio Control and Cash Administration Teams.
- Work with global partners, local Business Architecture and IT Teams to develop strategic solutions for the business function. Design solutions to improve quality of service as business grows.
- Reviewing current IMS capabilities, identifying gaps and developing new capabilities to meet the growing requirements of our clients. This could include developing new solutions and/or integrating new technology where necessary.
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution. Liaise with colleagues in the London, US, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution.
- Perform daily checks on cash projection reporting and file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries.
- Cash administration servicing including overdraft and long balance monitoring. Also validation of custodial standing instructions are in place and functioning as intended.
- Perform an overview function for the functional teams identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Provide support to multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Management
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education / Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years in investment management operations with a minimum of 5 years staff management.
- Minimum 7 years, experience of client communication and interaction at all levels
Skills and Experience:
- In depth understanding of investment management operations and the wider middle office business model.
- Understanding of key technology within the support of investment management operations
- Outstanding client service and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively with internal parties and clients
- High level of interpersonal and staff management skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise, balance key tasks and manage time effectively
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of change management process
- Extensive knowledge of State Street’s Enterprise platform including DataGX and RKS is desired
- Advanced Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
- Client relationship facing experience
- Demonstrate a proven track record of staff and personal achievements in:
- Deadline adherence
- Significant Project Sponsorship
- Team development to succeed in new initiatives
Resource utilisation to ensure all aspects of daily workload is conducted to the highest standard.
State Street Job ID: 165537
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: EMEA IMS Integrated Data Control Manager - Vice President
Job ID: 165537
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - London