State Street EMEA IMS Performance Measurement and Attribution Manager - AVP in London, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. State Street has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Investment Operations. State Street are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The candidate will be expected to manage the day to day running of the EMEA Performance Measurement and Attribution Team, with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to our clients. The role involves the close liaison with multiple cross functional global teams as well as the client Middle and Front Office contacts for in scope clients.
The senior line manager is required to manage the team effectively in order to ensure that all governance activities are being carried in accordance with standard operating control policy and that all market, internal and client escalation queries are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate is also expected to provide analytical support in any new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model. The candidate will also have to make sure that all aspects of the Performance Measurement Team`s activities are considered as part of the onboarding process and participate in BUAT / CUAT / Parallel testing and all other specific tasks that need to be completed ahead of a client conversion
- Manage the Performance Measurement & Attribution technical teams
- Driving forward IMS UK/EMEA Performance Measurement and Attribution service from a technical systems/methodology/architecture perspective.
- Strategic decision making around technology/infrastructure to ensure State Street can offer a cutting edge performance service to new and existing clients.
- Reviewing current IMS capabilities, identifying gaps and developing new capabilities to meet the growing requirements of our clients. This could include developing new solutions and/or integrating new technology where necessary.
- Enhancing existing performance service and architecture to provider a better service to existing and new clients. Driving increased automation and technological efficiencies leading to lower costs, quicker deliver and improved overall service delivery.
- Working with IT/Dev teams and architecture teams to enhance overall IMS strategy in relation to Data GX and client experience (PAR model)
- Engaging prospective clients, presenting State Street’s performance service and understanding client requirements. Developing solutions in order to meet these requirements, where appropriate, to help IMS win new business.
- Lead the on-boarding new clients in the UK/EMEA from a technical perspective from due diligence through scope of service definition to end-solution.
- Keeping up to date with market trends, product developments and market practice in relation to performance analytics.
- Provide support to the Head of IMS Investment Analytics UK
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role’s managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of ‘Risk Excellence’ within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education/Specific Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years in investment management operations with a minimum of 5 years staff management.
- Minimum 7 years, experience of client communication and interaction at all levels
Skills and Experience :
- In depth understanding of investment management operations and the wider middle office business model.
- Understanding of key technology within the support of investment management operations
- Outstanding client service and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively with internal parties and clients
- High level of interpersonal and staff management skills
- Ability to organise, prioritise, balance key tasks and manage time effectively
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Understanding of change management process
- Systems: Statpro Composites / Statpro Performance and Attribution / StatPro Fixed Income (SFI) / Factset / GPA / PnA
- Data feeds : Hiportfolio / Datastream / FACTSET / Bloomberg / External providers
- PC Skills : Advanced Excel skills (macro level) / VBA an advantage / SQL
- Client relationship facing experience
- Flexible approach to working
- Self-starter and strong communication and other soft skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and expectation of others
- Working within a large team of analystsGlobal outlook
Professional Organisation Membership / Certification:
IMC, CIPM, CFA
State Street Job ID: 165516
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: EMEA IMS Performance Measurement and Attribution Manager - AVP
Job ID: 165516
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - London