Citi FRM Analyst/Associate in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Trading
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17056795
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com at http://www.citigroup.com/ or www.citi.com at http://www.citi.com/ .
The management of capital, liquidity, collateral and balance sheet is a key area of focus for senior management in the current environment, recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. As a firm, our ability to effectively lead our businesses in these areas will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness.
Financial Resources Management (FRM) provides in-business leadership on capital and liquidity efficiency across the Institutional Clients Group. The team exists to solve complex problems, concentrating on regulatory capital and liquidity management and optimization opportunities to support the business strategy of Markets and Securities Services, and the larger Institutional Clients Group franchise. This broad mandate includes driving business strategy for capital management, advising senior management and clients on implications of regulatory change and strategic priorities, coordinating advocacy efforts, and leading and participating in cross-business and cross-functional working groups to deliver improved data, calculation and management processes related to capital, collateral and liquidity.
FRM is seeking to augment its Collateral Optimisation group in London through the addition of a new team member at Analyst or Associate level. In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, team-oriented meritocracy where everyone has a voice and your ideas could have a powerful, immediate impact. The team's primary focus is the identification of areas of potential optimisation and the development and implementation of optimisation strategies across our Markets businesses globally. The team is actively involved in analytical and advocacy efforts related to regulatory developments with implications for collateralised activities. Key benefits include the development of an unusually broad perspective on the firm’s markets activities (including Rates, FX, Equities and Commodities), the acquisition of specialised knowledge of regulatory developments and the firm’s financing practices experience developing and implementing complex analytical processes and technology solutions, exposure to senior leadership, and working in a rewarding, creative, and dynamic environment.
Key responsibilities include:
Synthesising and communicating information, insights and recommendations:
• Assimilating and communicating, internally and in regulatory submissions, comprehensive views of specific collateralised activities and their consequences
• Developing research, analysis, and system/process development plans
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis of key rules and guidelines; Identification and explanation of business drivers and technical issues
• Acting as a bridge between Risk, Finance, Tech and product groups to identify and deliver resource management solutions, drive ad hoc analyses, and address episodic issues to ensure accurate calculation of capital and liquidity metrics
• Participating on projects and presentations
• Delivering quantitative and qualitative analysis, and high quality presentation materials
• Leading project streams
Structuring and solving problems:
• Analysing position- and portfolio-level data (financial, risk and returns metrics) to identify optimisation opportunities
• Working as an integral part of the team to develop optimisation solutions to support business efforts
• Bachelor's degree
• Relevant experience in the Financial Services industry or strategy consulting
• Evidence of analytical aptitude regarding data analysis and quantitative strategies
• Ability to visualize concepts and analytics, and contribute to impactful presentations
• An open mind for critical and creative thinking
• Quickly internalising new concepts and topics
• Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and work independently
• Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
• Superior attention to detail and level of accuracy
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
• Knowledge of asset classes or regulatory familiarity is a plus
• Experience partnering with business owners to assess data for patterns and to spot anomalies
• Ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm
• Some knowledge of Citi’s infrastructure is a plus
• Familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity:Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer