BlackRock Head of EMEA Retail Marketing, Director in London, United Kingdom
EMEA Retail Product Marketing
The EMEA Retail Business works in partnership with clients across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), including retail and private banks, insurance companies, financial adviser networks and distribution platforms. The EMEA Retail Business is supported by distribution offices in 13 countries.
The product range includes open-ended funds, closed-ended funds and alternative investments. The flagship Luxembourg-domiciled BlackRock Global Funds (BGF) is distributed across 36 countries globally and includes a broad range of equity, fixed income, balanced and cash funds.
The EMEA Retail Product Marketing team at BlackRock sets the product marketing strategy and delivers client-centred marketing solutions for the Retail business channel across products and segments. The team works closely with regional marketing teams, sales leadership, relationship managers and portfolio management teams across EMEAtodeliver strategic and tacticalmarketing campaigns and communications for BlackRock’s UK and offshore product ranges. Its overall goals are to accelerate strategic growth initiatives, strengthen position in core products, scale retail partnerships and build more valuable relationships with fund buyers, while also achieving brand leadership in core markets.
This key role will develop and deliver strategic product marketing plans for the EMEA Retail business across all asset classes to help sales into key growth areas and support local country marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders to develop campaign messaging and positioning for the product/franchise and then be responsible for delivery of that plan at a pan European level and work with the local marketing teams. This role will be required to work closely with Country Marketing Managers to ensure the successful roll out of central campaigns into local markets, to ensure the messaging and deliverables are locally relevant. This individual must be able to deliver strategic product campaigns across all retail client segments.
Across all projects, the candidate will work in partnership with and leverage the capabilities of specialists from other Marketing teams including Content, Brand & Advertising, Event Management, Research, Creative Services, Digital Marketing, local marketing teams and PR. Being able to successfully motivate and manage multi-faceted campaign teams will be key to this person’s success in this role.
The candidate will manage multiple direct reports at VP and Associate level, covering all asset classes.
The successful candidate will need to be a very strong, experienced strategic campaign planner used to liaising at a senior level and comfortable with balancing a strategic and tactical approach. Someone with a creative vision, strong communication skills, ability to coordinate and liaise with multiple stakeholders in an international structure is critical. Excellent knowledge of the European asset management industry and thorough understanding of products across asset classes, ability to understand client segmentation and distribution requirements are key.
Key responsibilities will include
- Development and implementation of strategic product marketing plans, aligned to the strategic priorities for the EMEA Retail business for all asset classes. Have ownership and be fully accountable for product marketing initiatives.
- Be a central point of contact for strategic growth products and franchises with sales strategy, sales, product specialists, compliance and local marketing teams.
- Support new product launches across asset classes.
- Develop the messaging framework and proposition for key campaigns ensuring agreed messaging is reflected across all campaign elements and local markets.
- Close coordination with Country Marketing Managers to ensure successful delivery in key markets. Requirement to travel to core markets to ensure local distribution plans are aligned to the EMEA strategic plan and agreed messaging while also ensuring the campaign is reflective of local client, market and cultural needs.
-Work in close partnership with EII and institutional marketing to deliver a One BLK view.
- Work closely with the global content team to help develop content for use across campaign mix which is reflective of the campaign messaging and that will resonate with and is targeted across a range of client segments.
- Collaborate closely with specialist marketing functions and external agencies to ensure activation of campaigns and communications.
- Management of the members of the EMEA Product Marketing team. Monitor work load and ensure regular coaching, development, mid and annual reviews take place.
- Generate ideas and deliver new ways of promoting BlackRock, our capabilities and products to clients
- Plan, manage and forecast monthly expenditure and budget for each campaign/project.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including the sales team, fund managers, product specialists, operations, PR, EII and Institutional marketing, compliance teams and also external agencies. Communicate on a regular basis across the Retail marketing organization and with EMEA Retail to demonstrate marketing’s contribution.
- Define metrics for campaigns and communications, developing a strong narrative, articulating business and marketing results in a meaningful way to key stakeholders.
- Use marketing metrics to refine and enhance future activity.
- Monitor performance of product campaigns across asset classes.
- Seeking to refine marketing processes and increase efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of the European asset management industry and deep understanding of retail products, client segments, regulatory and industry trends as well as distribution channels.
- Excellent strategic planning skills, organisation and prioritisation alongside creative marketing skills.
- Deep experience in the development of campaign messaging and product value propositions.
First class marketing skills and proven track record of professional achievement.
- Proven management and coaching experience.
- Very strong verbal and written communicating skills, able to present to a wider forum of key stakeholders.
- Ability to present credibly to key senior internal clients and manage both internal stakeholders and external agency partners.
- Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment
- CFA or IMC preferable
- Proficiency in at least one additional European language desirable (preferred German or Italian)
Development opportunity/Key selling points:
- To be part of a growing, dynamic business which has been identified as a key strategic priority for BlackRock and a client channel which is core to achieving the businesses aggressive growth targets
- Significant opportunity to make a real difference by delivering first-class marketing communications, campaigns and events, to support the growth of the EMEA Retail business
- Opportunityto work in a fast-paced and creative team environment
- Strong partnership between Sales, Marketing and Portfolio Management
- Excellent exposure to the wider BlackRock business, including face to face interaction with senior members of the sales and fund management teams
- Extensive global marketing network which will provide the opportunities for further career progression and involvement in EMEA-wide/Global marketing initiatives
Job Function: Marketing/Communications
Organization: EMEA Marketing
Title: Head of EMEA Retail Marketing, Director
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 171067
Job Posting: Jul 18, 2017, 6:34:07 AM