State Street HR Country Head - UK in London, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
- As the HR Country Head the incumbent will orchestrate HR delivery within the UK across all Centres of Excellence (CoEs) and will represent the GHR function in local governance bodies. The HR Country Head is a sub-delegate for the Head of HR EMEA in relation to various Senior Manager Regime (SMR) activities.
- The HR Country Head covers local business leads as their HR Business Partner and is in close cooperation with the respective regional HRBP who will be the key HR contact for the respective client group. This includes building strong credible partnering relationships at a senior level, the representation of HR at senior management level and the orchestration of the delivery of HR interventions across all GHR CoE’s. The HRBP has a specific focus on supporting organizational change and on defining and driving the talent agenda.
- As a trusted advisor to senior leadership, the incumbent will provide consultative advice, coach and mentor senior leaders on organizational effectiveness.
- They will build in-depth relationships with clients, interact on a regular basis to understand needs and challenges of the business and develop and drive delivery of strategic people plans and solutions that are aligned to targeted business plans. They will engage in strategic conversations about the business to facilitate, coach, challenge and develop senior stakeholders and their teams to influence their individual and collective mind-set, behaviour and performance in order to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Work in close partnership with Senior Manager Regime Office (SMRO), Complaince and Legal to ensure that the reasonable steps and delegated authorities of the GHR Senior Manager Function (SMF) are adhered to, visible and able to be evidenced and evaluated.
- The HRBP / HR Country Head is a key member of the Senior Management team of their respective internal client group in EMEA and represents GHR in relevant business discussions and decision making forums.
- Day to day management responsibility for the HR Country Head South Africa (potential additional country oversights under consideration)
- Partner with senior executives and managers to translate corporate strategy into HR priorities and actionable goals, ensuring individual and business unit goals are aligned with organisational goals.
- Advise executives and line managers on organisational management and structure
- Provide continuous feedback to business unit leadership as well as other areas within HR on a range of business and HR topics.
- Analyse historical and market data to identify business and people trends and help managers predict and prepare for the future.
- Employ effective cross-cultural communications to promote positive business behaviour and influence positive outcomes throughout the business.
- Coach executives on organisational effectiveness and development and implications of people management.
- Collaborate with HR Centres of Excellence (CoE’s) to develop and implement HR products and services.
- Support talent acquisition, workforce planning, key talent identification, development, reward and succession planning processes.
- Partner with business unit leadership and HR to drive diversity initiatives.
- Support the effective resolution of complex and escalated employee relations issues.
- Make organizational design recommendations that support strategic objectives including having the right senior talent in the right roles at the right time.
- Work in partnership with clients to identify talent issues before they affect the business.
- Operate effectively as a sub-delegate to the Head of HR EMEA in relation to Senior manager Regime (SMR) deliverables.
- Effectively implement and adhere to reasonable steps under SMR as relevant to the role of UK Country Head.
All requirements of an individual contributor:
Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
And the following additional leadership related requirement:
- Oversee the GHR activities in South Africa and potential other countries by supporting the respective local GHR Country Heads for those countries.
- Act as a senior advisor and escalation point. Lead by example in applying corporate leadership tools and processes.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification or relevant professional qualification.
Skills and Experience:
- Flexible, dynamic, agile and able to anticipate business needs and deliver HR partnership that enables the business to achieve goals.
- Project and change management skills, ability to run programs on a regional and global scale such as acquisitions, divestitures and reorganisations.
- Strategic, creative and analytical thinking combined with pragmatic approach and a bias for action.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, communication, relationship and presentation skills.
- Core competencies in coaching, organisational design and change management.
- Strong people management skills and ability to build strong partnership across business leads as well as the extended HR team.
- Solution oriented, pragmatic personality with experience in matrix management.
- In depth understanding and empathy in working across cultures. Inclusive style that seeks to understand and support local dynamics in regions and businesses across EMEA and globally.
- Knowledge and awareness of the Senior Manager Regime (SMR).
- An understanding of current political and economic impacts on the UK economy and financial services industry.
Required Competencies -
This role requires a high calibre team player with a proactive range of strategic, tactical, leadership, influencing and project management competencies combined with the commitment to provide high quality HR partnering and advice. Working across EMEA locations a critical element of the role will be to understand and work with varied cultural and individual styles.
State Street Job ID: 170296
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: HR Country Head - UK
Job ID: 170296
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - London