Google Internal Communications Manager (EMEA), General and Administrative in London, United Kingdom
As a member of the Executive Communications team, you will be part of a small team which produces employee communications and events for Google executives. You will work with members of your internal client team on communications initiatives, projects and programs. You will support the work of the team to create strategic communications campaigns, come up with innovative ways to engage employees that are in tune with Google's culture, write communications, business update presentations and talking points. You will also collaborate with internal partners as needed across functions (PR, Policy, Legal, HR, Operations, etc.) and geographies.
Within this role, you will work with leaders from across our regional General & Administrative (G&A;) functions (People Operations, Trust & Safety, Finance, Legal, Communications, Policy and REWS), to give strategic guidance on their internal communications plans and materials, or address specific challenges. In particular, you will work closely with client partner groups in People Operations to manage the localization of key campaigns and communications. You will also work alongside our wider Corporate Communications team to ensure Google employees understand our perspective on key topics in Europe.
Opening date for applications: 3rd October 2017
Closing date for applications: 1st November 2017
Competitive salary applies.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Provide full internal communications support to the EMEA Benefits team, as needed.
- Develop, write, and edit communications that go to EMEA Googlers on topics such as compensation, policy etc. Distill complex subjects into coherent and easy-to-understand language.
- Develop creative strategies for communicating to employees by planning the frequency of, and vehicles for, communications – and coordinate across different areas of the business and the company.
- Coordinate and execute logistics around events, email aliases and internal reorganizations.
- Manage internal communications, strategic plans, and initiatives from beginning to end. Interact with and influence executives, and provide advice that reflects an understanding of Google’s culture and their specific business and leadership style.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with writing and executive/principal support.
- Experience in media, government or non-profit environment, with a focus on writing and strategic communications.
- Experience managing projects and coordinating content for events.
- Understanding of country-specific differences in communications requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Excellent creative and visual skills, including slide design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.