Bloomberg M&A Data Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 59961
You enjoy finding opportunities within the financial markets driven by market or company events. You are always listening to the pulse of the financial markets for the latest news and movements.
You dig deeply into companies to understand the actions they take and why. You look beyond the headlines to understand the importance of the underlying data and how events are related across companies and industries.
You enjoy solving various problems and creating efficiencies. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our M&A team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. We are responsible for managing, interpreting, enhancing and reporting M&A content for equity markets. With market complexity increasing, managing these events in the timeliest and most accurate manner while delivering key insights to our clients stands as a top priority. Leveraging deep product knowledge, strong client relationships and interactions, and innovative thinking we are constantly striving to develop the best-in-class M&A product.
Aside from M&A activity, our team covers all equity-related corporate events including: distributions, IPOs, equity changes, and meetings.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data Department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the M&A product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Develop and increase knowledge across M&A actions
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative work-flow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes and software
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage large and complex data projects related to M&A
- Take ownership and be active with key areas of responsibility.
We need you to have:
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Excellent attention to detail & ability to work in a high volume & time sensitive environment
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
- A self-starter with proven initiative and the ability to take ownership of projects
It would be great if you had:
- Fluency in German, Turkish or Hebrew
- A background in equity markets with additional knowledge of M&A actions
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.