Alvarez and Marsal Manager Data Analytics in London, United Kingdom
Manager, Data Analytics
Alvarez & Marsal
Companies, investors, lenders and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M;) when conventional approaches are not enough to activate change and achieve results.
Privately-held since 1983, A&M; is a leading global professional services firm that delivers performance improvement, turnaround management and business advisory services to organizations seeking to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Our senior professionals are experienced operators, world-class consultants and industry veterans who draw upon the firm's restructuring heritage to help leaders turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com.
Establishing a presence in Europe over ten years ago, the European business now has some 600 staff in a broad range of professional services including: Performance Improvement, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax and Disputes and Investigation Services.
As a firm we are experiencing unprecedented growth and demand for our services and as a result we are expanding our high profile Data Analytics team with the recruitment of an experienced Manager.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with all of our practice areas including Private Equity and Corporate Performance Improvement, Disputes & Investigations, Financial Services Advisory amongst others. The Data Analytics team work across a wide range of different sectors and they have an international focus and culture. The problems that they solve for our clients are complex and require analysis of large volumes of business data and management reporting.
Typically, successful appointees into the Data Analytics team are action oriented self-starters with entrepreneurial flair. They are comfortable working independently in addition to working in high performing teams. They are hands-on and non-hierarchical operators who are equally effective in managing up and down and relate well at all levels and cultures.
Overview of the role
The Manager will use data analytical, interrogation and visualisation techniques to solve problems, both in corporate and litigation environments.
- Experience in data interrogation and analysis of large (millions of records) datasets i.e. working in Access/SQL server/ACL/SAS/ Oracle. Working with a client to extract transactional data (e.g. Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable) and clean, manipulate and interrogate that data
- Experience with Tableau/Qlikview for data analysis and visualisation, building dashboards to help clients with management reporting and KPI issues
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Access/SQL and Excel
- Programming experience in VB, R, command-line scripting or similar is a plus. Statistical or econometrics knowledge is also welcome.
The successful individual will have an excellent academic track record coupled with an entrepreneurial approach and proven track record in data analytics at a leading Advisory firm. The Associate will reflect the operational distinctiveness that is A&M; a business savvy, outcome focused business entrepreneur who is driven to making an impact, determined to make a difference and not afraid to challenge the status-quo.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have:
- Proven ability to work in teams and create measurable and identifiable improvements
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fast learner, eager to learn new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A very strong academic record including:
- Robust analytical rigour
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and uncertain environment
- Autonomous – Alvarez & Marsal has a flat structure with a self-sufficient culture
- Flexibility to travel approximately 20-40% of the time
- Fluency in one or more
Project Examples and Responsibilities
- Big data and predictive analytics
- Develop business intelligence / KPI dashboards for management reporting
- Analyze sales, marketing and financial business data across industries to identify opportunities for cost reduction and sales maximization
- Extract and analyze financial transactional data (e.g. loans, assets, trades, etc) to perform data quality assessment and perform loan exposure stress testing
- Interrogation of AR/AP/inventory data to drive cost savings and inform business decisions
- Extract and interrogate sales and accounting data to perform compliance reviews and identify evidences of fraud, corruption and other anomalies
- Perform anti-money laundering investigations and compliance reviews
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M; policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M; will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Posted Yesterday
- Full time