Newell Brands Manager Trade Marketing Strategy in London, United Kingdom
Position title: Manager Trade Marketing Strategy EMEA
Location: London (Hammersmith), UK
Reports to: Senior Manager Trade Marketing Strategy & Operations EMEA
Based in our dynamic and fast growing London office (Hammersmith) the Trade Strategy - Manager (TSM) will work closely with the Senior Manager Trade Strategy & Ops and cross functional teams in the development of sub-category strategies focusing on driving growth and expansion making such recommendations to Newell Europe Sàrl for their approval.
Leveraging syndicated data, category and industry trend information, and internal performance metrics, the TSM will develop and recommend comprehensive strategies focused around enabling greater sell-in, sell-through, and market share gains. This information will inform Sales and Channel Marketing Teams as they pursue opportunities with customers. This position works as a strategic thought leader, imparting knowledge of the category to drive profitable business results.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Extensive Sub-Category Understanding
• Act as subject matter expert in assigned category and provide thought leadership to internal constituents as well as external customers.
• Serve as the expert on the use of NPD, IRI, and internal data to inform the development of strategies and tactics for market expansion
• Understand and represent the division P&L throughout all business activities
• Participate in select customer meetings as the credible sub-category expert
• Identify and disseminate best practice recommendations within various sub-categories
• Develop promotional guidelines by sub-category or product line
• Define funding guidelines to ensure optimal execution of tactics.
• Track and report on business results.
• Provide insight and perspective of the various channel dynamics on assigned categories.
• Monitor channel shifting and the associated trends reflected in the marketplace.
• Evaluate multi-channel purchasing behaviors (e.g. site to store, store to site, etc.).
• Identify opportunities to capitalize on both online purchase behaviors and in-store purchase behaviors.
• Advise on the various impacts of business decisions on different channels
Manage Innovation Pipeline
• Partner with Brand Development to manage pipeline of innovation, bringing both a customer and consumer perspective to the development process
• Use knowledge of customer and consumer to recommend optimal assortments and channel exclusives
• Build in-store and .com requirements for a successful go-to-market into launch development plans
• Understand impacts of new innovation to the division P&L
• Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, CDO, business segments, etc.
• Prioritize and resource projects effectively.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and resource projects effectively
• Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business, marketing, finance or related field), advanced degree preferred
• 5-7 years of experience working with a leading CPG company (Trade or Channel Marketing, Category Management, Finance)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Category Management philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success.
• Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
• Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
• Strong familiarity with syndicated data, measures and software (e.g. NPD, IRI, , etc.)
• Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
• Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands is a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally and we encourage development on a professional and personal level. You will be working with some of the best known brands in the world and you will have colleagues who are highly motivated and competent. You can count on their support to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
Alternatively, go to our career site at jobs.newellbrands.com , select "Search Jobs", enter the Reference Code 1702693 , click “GO”, then click the name of the position and “Apply Now”.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker , Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play . Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Writing
Title: Manager Trade Marketing Strategy
Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Requisition ID: 307475