Citi MSBF Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17071143
• An Investment Finance (IF) Specialist is a Lending Product Specialist within the Investment Finance business with “indirect” client coverage responsibility. In this capacity the IF Specialists works alongside the IF Transactor with primary responsibility to perform the analysis and deal structuring for the credit approval as well as deal execution and closing
• This is a demanding role, requiring strong structuring skills, where individual judgment is needed to assess the risk reward dynamics of the extension of credit. It requires a strong mix of legal and analytical skills and the ability to influence stakeholders, including client third party advisers, Private Bankers, Risk, auditors or other areas of the Bank and to ensure transactions booked meet the Bank’s highest standards.
• The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, who can successfully work in a team environment often under time constraints and be able to take credit decisions under pressure in the best interest of the shareholder ensuring adherence to all processes and procedures as well as the integrity and consistency of the supporting data and documentation for a given transaction.
Citi Private Bank
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world’s wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi’s government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world’s billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi’s holistic approach to wealth management. Citi Private Bank is represented by more than 1,000 private bankers, investment professionals and product specialists across a network of 90 offices in 33 countries and over 128 currencies worldwide, making it the most global private bank.
The Investment Finance business of the Private Bank offers a diverse product range covering margin and security backed finance, commercial real estate and residential real estate finance, aircraft, private equity capital call, and art backed finance. The IF Specialist role within the Investment Finance team revolves around structuring and delivery of our core product range and the provision of tailored solutions to empower the CPB's High Net Worth clients to pursue balance sheet leverage, diversification and liquidity. This role is based in the CPB London office.
• Liaise with bankers and investment counsellors and participate in client calls and meetings to perform due diligence for underwriting of MSBF and derivative transactions.
• Working within a team dedicated to the origination and underwriting of MSBF loan facilities and derivative transactions, but there will also be exposure to the entire Investment Finance product range, as required.
• In partnership with IF Transactor, assist with the structuring and execution of MSBF, meeting Risk Acceptance Criteria
• Full credit underwriting and financial analysis with appropriate risk return characteristics, ensuring appropriate compliance with Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standards.
• Preparation of Credit Applications ensuring accuracy and completeness of data in bank systems.
• Collateral Evaluation – Marketable Securities and other asset classes
• Preparation of EDAC and Greenlight memorandums.
• Preparing, negotiating and closing of facility documentation and Letters of Credit (where applicable) including liaison with CPB internal and external legal counsel. Review of obligor compliance with facility covenants.
• Portfolio management including CA annual reviews, waivers and extensions, documentation reviews in line with CPB Credit Policies.
• Problem Recognition, including credit classification and review of risk ratings, working in conjunction with CPB SARG (Special Assets Restructuring Group).
• General on-going credit and documentation related administration.
For the right individual this role provides an excellent opportunity to season existing credit skills that are applicable in any commercial bank setting, with the added benefit of being in a position to influence the credit analysis standards for the extension of credit to individual clients and the documentation standards and practices within IF EMEA.
• Knowledge of securities, loans, investment, treasury products and other banking products
• Secured/asset backed lending
• Experience working with legal counsel in relevant jurisdictions (primarily UK and Channel Islands)
• Undergraduate degree
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
• Knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
• Financial and cash flow modelling
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication (written and verbal)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Demonstrates initiative with an interactive approach to problem solving
• Team player
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer