Ericsson Network Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Network Engineer - United Kingdom
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services
Business Line Broadcast and Media Services (EBMS) is an organization within Business Unit Global Services, which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. We work with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the NPO, SBS, RTL, BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, TF1 and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
The Network Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for the delivering of low level designs and integrations from the EBMS Netherlands hub, and will work closely together with our Sr. Network engineers, Enterprise architects and subject matter experts.
The role requires you to be the actively engaged in project teams and together with your team members work on documentation, change plans and implementation.
Main Responsibilities and tasks
The ideal candidate will be well experienced across multi-vendor technologies and environments, including firewalls, proxies, remote access and intrusion prevention. The dynamic nature of the business means you will be involved in a large number of new project opportunities and associated technologies.
As a integral member of a small team of highly skilled engineers the successful candidate will be working alongside technology architects and key technology staff to assist in the lifecycle of new client services, from design and development, through to implementation and on-going support.
- Significant experience as a Network professional
- Able to juggle multiple tasks with deftness and attention to deadlines.
- Culturally fluent and able to engage people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- Work proactively
- Highly comfortable with web, IT
- Preferable have an interest in New media and broadcast technologies
- Keen to learn and proactive attitude
The post holder should exhibit experience and skills in the majority of these areas:
- Hands on network experience in a large, structured, enterprise environment
- Good experience in and strong knowledge of a range of network and network security platforms ( JNCIS/CCNP level ) on Platforms including:
- F5 Products including LTM / GTM
- Juniper or Cisco ISP & Enterprise Routing/Switching
- Juniper or Cisco Security appliances
- Bluecoat appliances
- Good understanding of
- TCP/IP and networking technologies/protocols
- In specific ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN
- Network supporting systems like DNS, NTP
- Basic understanding of Linux/Windows is a must
- Experience of working in an ITIL controlled environment.
- Proven track record of customer liaison and fault management with experience in a support and / or NOC environment.
- Be part of design and development, through to implementation and on-going support
- Carry out issue investigation, troubleshooting and remediation, including root cause analysis.
- Experience of working under pressure in a dynamic and fast moving technical environment.
- Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
- Perform firmware/software upgrades to all deployed security technologies on a regular basis to ensure the most appropriate level of security and functionality is maintained at all times.
- Clear knowledge and drive to Automate standard tasks.
- Implement and maintain security policies as defined by the Information Security Manager.
- Assist in the development of current operational processes and documentation or creation if they currently don’t exist.
Team Member Duties
- Drive and implement solutions
- Configure/integrate solutions to network
- Maintain a stable and optimized network
- Act on continuous improvement plans
- Provide technical support to customers
- Taking part in escalations for incidents
- Contribute to the training and awareness of current and new staff;
- Participate in the out-of-hours on call rotation, providing professional technical support to the business
- Receive and resolve incidents and Service Requests (SR’s) via the incident management tool while adhering to the associated SLA
- Attend meetings relating to the on-boarding of new systems, clients, stakeholders into Technology Support.
- Delivering detailed LLD documents
- When required raise Change Requests via the service management tool
- Implement changes (non standard changes during change windows)
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the team.
- Take part in 3rd line on-call rotations
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || No Selection || London || IT
Job details: Network Engineer Job Stage 05