State Street Pricing Analyst, Senior Associate in London, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
- This job is a client services role within our daily operations department. It requires technical abilities as well as client facing skills. You will be in charge of reviewing the Net Asset Value of UK registered portfolios and oversee the Fund Administration services we provide to the client as a global organisation
Management of Service delivery
- Manage the team deliverables effectively, coordinating client delivery and promoting a sense of individual ownership but through a team approach
- Oversee Valuation for Life & Pension Funds and ensure that all relevant checks to the funds’ NAV’s have been made. This will include checks against funds’ benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Oversee/review stock and cash reconciliations
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Prepare of weekly/monthly/ad hoc reports
- Support colleagues from Poland and monitor/review the quality of service they deliver to us
- Minimise errors/breaches with the aim of having none that result in a financial loss/claim to State Street or the Client
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried Liaise and assist with audit/internal queries
- Identify and implement process and product improvements, documenting where necessary
- Understand, follow and update procedures/checklists
- Ensure adherence to all departmental and company wide procedural guidelines (e.g. timekeeping, dress, and holiday cover)
*Leadership and Management *
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of the team manager.
- Develop communication within the team on a day to day basis
- Resolve complex queries
- Encourage self-checking where appropriate to better manage time
- Foster collaboration with colleagues, clients and external counterparties
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in client organisations.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
- Provide training on systems for staff as necessary
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales
- Ensure that your Manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service.
*Specific Qualifications: *
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good Understanding of fund administration
Level of Education:
- Accountancy or Business degree (preferred)
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be useful but not essential
Previous Level of Experience:
- Previous experience of daily pricing and / or accounting for unit trusts, OEIC’s or Life and Pension investment schemes desirable
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organised
- Team player
Ability to work on own initiative
State Street Job ID: 163598
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Pricing Analyst, Senior Associate
Job ID: 163598
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - London