Google Quantitative Analyst/Statistician, Data Science in London, United Kingdom
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
Users come first at Google. Nowhere is this more important than on our Advertising & Commerce team: we believe that ads and commercial information can be highly useful to our users if, and only if, that information is relevant to what our users wish to find or do. Advertisers worldwide use AdWords to promote their products; publishers use AdSense to serve relevant ads on their website; and business around the world use our products (like Google Shopping, and Google Wallet) to support their online businesses and bring users into their offline stores. We build and maintain the platforms that have made Google what it is today, and are constantly innovating to deliver the most effective advertising and commerce opportunities of tomorrow.
- Work with large, complex data sets and develop solutions (methodology and algorithms) for real world, large scale problems.
- Solve non-routine, inter-disciplinary analysis problems by applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Participate in research in statistical methodology and Machine Learning applications.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams.
- Work closely with Engineers to identify opportunities for design and assess improvements to Google products.
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in programming in one or more of the following: C/C++, Scala, TensorFlow, Python and/or Go.
- Publication record in statistical journals.
- Relevant work experience in a Statistician or Data Scientist role.
- Experience with Machine Learning on large datasets.
- Familiarity with experimental design principles.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Demonstrated ability to both teach others and learn new techniques.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.