Google Sales Manager, Google Cloud (Apigee) in London, United Kingdom
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Sales Engineers who engage with sales prospects to understand and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Apigee’s API Management platform. You will also directly engage with customers on a regular basis independent of your team to drive opportunities. We are looking for someone who has a track record of working across functions, including Product Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and Sales Management and people management experience, managing a team, attracting and growing talent.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Develop Proofs of Concept, presentations and demonstrations with a plan to take prospects through the evaluation process to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Be a technology leader, delivering the team's vision and technology to prospects, partners and customers in the region.
- Hire, coach and drive a high performance team to deliver against strategic goals while prioritizing an outstanding experience to customers and prospects.
- Develop presentations and demos with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process and maintain a positive customer experience.
- Work closely with Account Executives and Sales leadership to align the technical requirements and the solution design with the customer's business drivers and demonstrate our unique value.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs).
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in a technical sales engineer role in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience using web/internet related technologies, architecture across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS, with an understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of middleware and Cloud technologies like NoSQL Databases, Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Azure and Mobile app development.
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours with prospects in various geographies and time zones.
- Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.