Citi Senior Auditor - AML Compliance in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Audit
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 17055316
Senior Auditor - AML Compliance
Competitive salary offered
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This role will primarily contribute to the scoping and execution of Regulatory ICG Compliance audit coverage in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards, legal entity governance reporting, and other regulatory compliance audits. The position will be based in London and will report directly into the C14 Senior Vice President, ICG Compliance. The position will provide IA’s Compliance CoE team with local resources to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the EMEA and global IA strategies and EMEA business objectives.
The candidate should have strong functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance programs that have been established to comply with the local regulatory requirements, Citi policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the Financial Conduct Authority, and other related EMEA regulators, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activites and operations. The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
The role may also cover AML and Sanctions-related audits.
• Executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies comprehensive expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business.
• Acting as Audit Lead, manages small or medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Compliance for Capital Markets and Investment Banking Businesses, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with VPS and SVPS to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews, including the most complex.
• Prepares Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
Qualifications and Competencies
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Experience in a related role, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing high quality audit work according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding regulatory Compliance and a solid business understanding of the Financial Service Industry, especially those associated with the Compliance and Regulatory Risk.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
• Knowledge of financial services Compliance regulations, standards, and standard business internal policies.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing date: 11 October 2017