Turner Broadcasting Senior Payroll Manager, EMEA/APAC in London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Title Senior Payroll Manager, EMEA/APAC
Time Warner Division Turner
Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Games – Development & Publishing
Area of Interest Finance/Accounting
United Kingdom - London
Position Type Full Time
Posting Job Description
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have extensive experience in Finance? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We are currently recruiting a Senior Payroll Manager for EMEA and APAC to join our Creative Services, Northern Europe team in London.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA’s number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner’s leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
This leadership position is responsible for managing the company’s Payroll operations in Europe and Asia. Reporting to the Vice President – Global Personnel Services, this individual will be expected to coordinate the delivery of accurate and timely payrolls to Turner’s international businesses and meet all statutory and regulatory compliance requirements. Governance of the company’s selected third party global payroll provider will also be required.
This role will drive process standardization, automation, and improved controls to ensure process effectiveness and efficiencies for global payroll operations.
The ideal candidate will have managed a large multi-national corporate global payroll operation or payroll system implementation where this knowledge can be applied to improve overall payroll process. Keys to success includes strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence. This position will foster relationships with internal stakeholder such as in-country Human Resources, Finance and Accounting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the operations of the payroll function in EMEA, APAC. Provide direct support and governance to third party payroll vendor. Implement, direct and maintain procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll outside the U.S., in conjuncture with HR. Work with Legal, Finance, Accounting and HR to ensure payroll compliance in all regions. Be the point of contact for day to day international payroll operations. Ensure service delivery is accurate, timely and aligned with service level agreements.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with the payroll vendor across the regions, coordinating with HR, Finance, Accounting and local teams where needed. Track and report on the global payroll vendor’s performance (i.e., open tickets, SLAs, etc.). Work with the vendor to effectively address employee inquiries
- Act as point of contact regarding the update of international payroll data to Peoplesoft Financials (General Ledger), and work with MSS to resolve any translation/integration issues.
- Manage relationships between people, processes and technology to ensure continuous improvement and change that supports scalability
- Develop, implement, measure and communicate performance goals and metrics to measure and monitor vendor performance and client (employee) satisfaction and to ensure that the company is receiving the maximum benefit and value from the third party payroll provider.
- Apply organizational knowledge to anticipate issues and mitigate adverse scheduling impacts on other business units and/or project timelines
- Facilitate discussions to drive decision making and move projects toward completion
- Provide strategic input to leadership team in individual area and across ABS organization for joint projects and processes
- Create strategies that balance high levels of client service while maintaining cost efficiency in payroll delivery
- Interface with clients to understand client perspectives on service and value being delivered.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 7+ years’ progressively responsible experience in a similar role within a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with payroll processing, taxation requirements and equity transactions for a multinational employee population required.
- Experience managing a third party payroll vendor
- Experience Facilitating integrated debates with key stakeholders (HR, IT, Finance ) through both formal and informal discussions to challenge the current solution and approach
- Excellent leadership, time management and organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong skills in communicating with all levels of the organization in a variety of formats.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving with confidence to make decisions and manage escalations
- Organizational & problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize multiple efforts, and develops/leverages common frameworks to resolve issues and/or enhance delivery
- Multi-cultural orientation.
Working from our London Head Office in the heart of Soho, you will have to opportunity to work for a truly global company. With Global scope and local focus, we will find and share stories that matter to our audiences. On screens of every shape and size you’ll find turner.
Less Fear. More Fun. All In.