BlackRock Software Developer in London, United Kingdom
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Trading team within Aladdin Product Group is responsible for designing and building software used by BlackRock and BlackRock Solution clients for portfolio management and trading.
This position is for a VP on Aladdin’s trading platform. The Aladdin Trading System is one of the most critical components of the BlackRock technology stack and is designed to handle multiple asset classes on a unified platform. The System is engineered to handle billions of transactions a day with millisecond latency. The system is always available and has no single point of failure. The Aladdin Trading System consists of applications built using a micro-services architecture and leverages technologies like Apache Cassandra, a highly available NoSQL database, Apache Zookeeper, a distributed coordinator and Spark Streaming for its rule engine. The key components of the trading system include the order management system, the order crossing components, smart order routing, FIX-connectivity and execution management system.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables using AGILE methodologies
- Deliver high throughput, high availability, concurrent and fault tolerant software systems
- Significantly contribute to development of Aladdin’s global, multi-asset trading platform
- Contribute as a senior individual contributor in building various capabilities of the OEMS(Order & Execution Management System) like real-time market data pipelines, algorithmic trading, trade analytics, pre & post-trade TCA, watch lists, smart order routing and integrated news & twitter feeds
- Develop and mentor other team members in order to build a highly performant team
- Manage large scale deployments and rollouts with an emphasis on risk-mitigation
- Work with product management and business users to define the roadmap for the product
- Design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems, identifying issues and roadblocks
Be a thought leader and a partner in brainstorming solutions for team productivity, training and motivating developers, and hiring new developers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or engineering required.
- 8 years hands-on experience in Java.
- Experience in using Project Management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum is required.
- Experience in building Order and Execution Management, Trading systems is required
- In depth understanding of concurrent programming and experience in designing high throughput, high availability, fault tolerant distributed applications is a must.
- Experience in building distributed applications using NOSQL technologies like Cassandra, coordination services like Zookeeper, and micro services architecture / SOA is required.
- Experience in message oriented middleware architecture is required.
- Experience in building UI components using swing, web technologies is required.
- Understanding of relational databases is a must
- Strong analytical and software architecture design skills with an emphasis on test driven development.
- Experience in programming languages such as Scala, python would be a plus.
- Experience in using streaming technologies like spark streaming or storm would be a plus.
- Expected to drive growth of the trading platform through performance, stability, usability and new investment product capabilities
Effective communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required
Job Function: Technology
Organization: APG-Investment Systems
Title: Software Developer
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-London
Requisition ID: 171546
Job Posting: Jul 14, 2017, 11:00:00 PM