Newell Brands Sr. MANAGER TRADE STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS - EMEA (Writing Division) in London, United Kingdom
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle . For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
For our dynamic and growing team based in London (Hammersmith), we are currently looking for a
Sr. MANAGER TRADE STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS - EMEA
Based in our dynamic and fast growing London office (Hammersmith) and reporting to the VP Sales and Marketing, the Sr Manager, Trade Strategy Devpt & Ops will lead the development of category leadership stories focusing on driving growth in collaboration with cross functional teams and the Division Leadership, as well as the development of internal processes for best-in-class management and internal execution of customer plans within the Writing segment to ensure alignment to overall company goals.
This position will own the development and the execution of the category strategies that will drive growth for Newell and our customer partners. Focus will be on optimizing the distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising offering for each of our strategic partners that drive category growth in the next 0-18 months.
The role also includes leading the Trade Planning & Ops team to design and manage operational processes to appropriately integrate plans into monthly and quarterly planning sessions, while identifying and solving for gaps. This team will track all customer plans, as well as assist in the development of harmonized tools, while ensuring these items are effectively communicated internally and kept consistent and comprehensive throughout the year to drive for growth for Newell and our retail partners.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Translate business strategy into marketplace activities with understanding of underlying financials including ROI
• Leverage financial analyses to understand implication of marketplace activities
• Develop budgets by accounts by product line.
• Direct the development and creation of communication materials for the optimal distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising tactics for each key retailer (specific retailer materials will be developed by Trade Marketing team with leadership from SMTSO).
• Act as subject matter expert in assigned category and provide thought leadership to internal constituents as well as external customers.
• Partner with Category Managers in the development of strategies and tactics, leveraging expertise in the use of syndicated and household panel data
Reporting and Data Analytics
• Lead team performing customer and category analytics tied to business objectives
• Understand category purchase drivers, trip missions, shopper need states, etc. and liaise with Customer Development and Category Management on executional strategies.
• Provide strategic category direction based on syndicated and Household panel data.
• Provide insight and perspective of the various channel dynamics on assigned categories.
• Monitor channel shifting and the associated trends reflected in the marketplace.
• Form perspective on multi-channel purchasing behaviors (e.g. site to store, store to site, etc.).
• Synthesize large amounts of data (e.g. Shopper Research, POS, loyalty card information, registry, etc.) into actionable insights.
• Recommend optimal category assortments, flows, adjacencies, cross merchandising opportunities, etc. using knowledge of shopper and consumer.
• Build in-store category innovation into all category leadership discussions (e.g. aisle reinvention, store of the future, disruptive merchandising strategies, etc.).
• Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, CDO, business segments, etc.
• Prioritize, resource and lead projects effectively.
Trade Planning & Operations
• Lead identification and recommendation of ways to increase efficiency and organizational agility across cross- functional teams, including ways of working and design of centralized processes.
• Lead the development and updating of activation tools, scorecards and other performance trend analyses.
• Own the EMEA Trade Operations SharePoint site, ensuring that process documents and other resources are consistently up to date and accessible to all EMEA customer teams.
• Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field), MBA or other advanced degree highly preferred
• 8 years of experience working with a leading CPG company (Category Management, Shopper Insights, Sales or related position)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Category Management philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success. Category Management Association certification a plus
• Demonstrated success in leading Category Management (Category Captain) engagements with a major retailer
• Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
• Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
• Strong familiarity with syndicated data, measures and software (e.g. NPD, Nielsen/Nitro, IRI, Consumer Panel, Spectra, ECRM or Market Track, XP3, etc.)
• Familiarity with space management principles and software (e.g. JDA, Prospace, Spaceman, etc.)
• Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
• Must be able to travel 20-30% of the time.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume, adding your salary expectation, via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
Alternatively, go to our career site at www.newellrubbermaid.com, click on "Careers", select the region "Europe, Middle East & Africa", enter the job ID 1702681 then click Apply Online.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities.
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Writing
Title: Sr. MANAGER TRADE STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS - EMEA (Writing Division)
Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Requisition ID: 307392