Citi Tax Manager - EMEA Tax Business Advisory in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Other Location: Ireland,Leinster,Dublin
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17056045
Tax Manager - EMEA Tax Business Advisory
Competitive Salary Offered
Providing EMEA regional tax support to the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) focusing on business with institutional clients, mainly transaction services business, some commodities experience would also be beneficial.
The position will be managed on a day to day basis by the SVP that leads the team.
The tax manager will work closely with the other members of the team who cover the various front office businesses. The tax manager will be involved in the broad variety of issues which the businesses require tax support on. The team’s function includes:
• Review and analysis of new products, including tax sensitive products
• Implementation of Tax department processes and procedures
• Tax review of legal documentation
• Pro-active interaction with business
• Managing tax risk
• Work with the TTS/SFS (Trade and Treasury Solutions, Securities and Funds Services) businesses in relation to various EMEA tax issues arising on a day-to-day basis, and covering other business lines as required
• Support global and US information reporting colleagues in respect of businesses covered
• Assist the business across the EMEA region to develop and implement new products and transactions in a way which identifies and controls tax risk
• Ensure that Citi's internal Global tax policies, standards and processes are implemented and upheld, including review of external advice
• Assist legal functions supporting the business in negotiating tax matters within legal documentation for flow business and one-off transactions
• Liaise closely with tax team members regionally and globally (in particular, New York) as well as, where appropriate, with Finance, Legal, Risk and other control function colleagues in Dublin, London and globally
• Opportunity to progress into a more senior role within the EMEA Tax Department or more broadly within Citi
• Development of detailed product knowledge
• Development of deep EMEA tax technical and commercial knowledge
• Gaining a broad knowledge and understanding of US tax law and exposure to other jurisdiction’s tax law
• Gaining a broad knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory and compliance issues
• General understanding of banking and capital markets products
• Extensive direct experience in the Financial Services Industry, including experience with a major regional or global accounting or law firm, or relevant banking experience
• Experience in providing multinational tax support to the financial services industry
• Experience in reviewing legal documentation
• Previous responsibility for dealing directly with clients (internal or external)
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and a pro-active approach
• Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• High energy level with ability to work well under pressure on multiple priorities and to critical deadlines
• Qualified Tax Lawyer, Accountant or Tax Advisor
The candidate must be able to:
• Suggest pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate. It is important to understand the need to involve management as necessary.
• Analyse transactions and identify applicable tax issues.
• Be a strong, robust, communicator who can explain issues clearly and will be resilient in applying internal policies to appropriately manage risk.
• Provide deliverables on a timely basis
• Be able to work unsupervised on day to day responsibilities. Senior management support will always be available to the candidate.
• Must have confidence in ability to be able to deal with and manage numerous issues which place demands on their time.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: 08 September 2017