Citi Technical Architect in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17051059
The Citi Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE) Citi Developer organization oversees the engineering, development, maintenance and support of Developer Tools and Systems across the Enterprise.
This Technical Architect position will be accountable for the technical vison and strategy of the Citi Developer organization. This revolves around providing solutions to the Citi development community for the full application development lifecycle including issue and requirements management, source code management, dependency management, build solutions, code scanning and development testing. These solutions must not only enable the developers to be productive but must also ensure that all Citi software governance policies are met and most importantly be able to scale to the many thousands of Citi developers. A key part of the role will be to communicate and influence key partners within the Citi business technology teams to enable adoption and to ensure their requirements are met.
A second but important aspect to this role is representing all of the wider engineering organization to the Institutional Clients Group business and technology teams based in London. Citi is essentially comprised of two client-facing business sectors (Institutional Clients Group facing institutions and the Global Consumer Bank facing retail/individual customers) along with a third sector comprising all of Citi’s central and shared functions. The majority of the technology leadership of the Institutional Clients Group is based in London alongside the CATE Citi Developer team. This role will support the Global Engineering Head for Citi Developer, who is also based in London, in this crucial secondary role of providing a focal point for coordination, information sharing and oversight for the wider global technology engineering organization with the ICG technology teams as a result. This requires the ability to understand and speak knowledgeably about a wider range of technologies and interface confidently with a wide variety of ICG Technology stakeholders, from CIO to individual developers. It would be best compared to a CTO function within a smaller technology organization.
• Provide design and technical guidance to the Citi Developer teams to ensure that solutions deliver against the business needs. This also requires that all solutions also align with CATE strategic technology solutions leveraging the emerging container and cloud capabilities.
• Ensure solutions meet performance and resiliency required to serve the end user community.
• Document solutions and communicate to key stakeholders including developers and senior business leaders
• Represent the Citi Developer team on strategy and architecture forums
• Build relationships with development leaders and architects across the company to understand requirements and to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
• Facilitate planning sessions with the Global Engineering Leads (GELs) and engineering, testing and support teams to understand the strategic technologies and how they can be applied.
• Keep abreast of industry and research trends state of the art best practices for software development processes
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all technology partners, customers and engineering management.
• Provide leadership in Engineering Community via blogging and posting to the internal collaboration site to continually keep content and awareness fresh.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer