Newell Brands Trade Marketing Manager - Beverage in London, United Kingdom
Position title: Trade Marketing Manager - Beverage
Location: London (Hammersmith), UK
Reports to: Senior Manager, Trade Marketing
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
The role of Trade Marketing Manager is to define trade strategies and commercialize sales and marketing programs within a specific business segment with focus on the UK. This position will recommend channel and customer programs, optimized assortments and promotional plans to the Sales Teams that will ultimately deliver sales and profit results. This business segment is of great strategic importance for the growth ambitions in the UK.
- Category/ Market expert in charge of adapting global / EMEA strategies & campaigns in terms of Country/Channel configurations & in regards of local Marketplace/Categories assessment (POS trends), Competition scope, Brand positioning
Define & translate Market/Channel priorities set by Development teams
Develop strong promotional support plans
Strategically allocate customer funding
Recommends and tracks success metrics
Line Review/Catalog Review/Seasonal Review
Develops the annual trade management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
Serve as a liaison with the in-store visibility team and customer marketing team to develop merchandising plans
Manage assortment mix to maximize sales and profitability
Compiles market and channel knowledge gaps, develops, analyzes and delivers a summary for the business to review and combine with Market/Shopper/End-user analysis provided by the Insights team
Vertical Market Strategy
Determine strategic vertical markets to penetrate for growth opportunities
Align on activation, visibility & communication tools needed to achieve results
New Item Launch
Work with Development on launch strategy
Serve as region/customer voice in product development meetings
Supports the analysis of new product launch and merchandising initiatives
• Bachelors / University degree in Business Administration or related field, degree in marketing preferred
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a multinational CPG or durable company
• Proven ability to analyze and deliver insights from a multitude of data sources
• Experience driving brand equity and share growth
• Creative thinking/problem solving skills
• Initiative & follow-through
• Strong project management skills
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
• Ability to work effectively across functions
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required; must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands is a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally and we encourage development on a professional and personal level. You will be working with some of the best known brands in the world and you will have colleagues who are highly motivated and competent. You can count on their support to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
Alternatively, go to our career site at jobs.newellbrands.com, enter the Reference Code 1703264 in the filed “Keyword”, click “GO”, then click the name of the position and “Apply Now”.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play . Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Home & Family
Title: Trade Marketing Manager - Beverage
Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Requisition ID: 311773