Fairmont Wedding Sales Manager in London, United Kingdom
Wedding Sales Manager
Part of the Wedding Services Team - Through engaged planning with each wedding client, create a memorable and innovative event, exceeding expectations on each occasion. To anticipate the needs of your organiser/clients, suggest authentically local ideas, provide support to your client through each step of the planning process.
Hotel Overview: * *
The Savoy, a Fairmont Managed Hotel, is one of the world's most iconic hotels. A renowned leader in the hospitality industry, The Savoy has a reputation for outstanding service and excellence. Originally built in 1889, the hotel has a rich history and has played host to royalty, world leaders and legends of the stage and screen. Today, colleagues pride themselves on being innovative and inspirational, delivering the very best in five star luxury. Passionate about developing and promoting talent, The Savoy offers unwavering support and recognition to colleagues, as well as having a very competitive benefits plan.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Events Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
Organise/disseminate information to all departments through e-mails, memos, event orders, directives, resumes and rooming list in a professional and timely manner.
Flexible within the department, offering assistance through quiet wedding periods to assist the non-residential and residential pods. A thorough understanding of what is required between these pods is also essential to facilitate successful events if called upon.
- Build creative menus, mindful of food costs, labour cost and kitchen capabilities. Obtain approval from the Director of Group & Events Sales when any special menus are sold.
- Confirm electrical, Internet, telecommunications, audio-visual and production requirements based on discussions with the client.
- Create floor plans for the best use of space for each wedding/event and to ensure banquet and client are in agreement prior to set up.
- Obtain guarantees of food and beverage events for Banquets and Kitchen. Must advise if any great deviation in number occurs, so labour and food cost can be controlled.
- Responsible for sufficiently ‘washing’ room block and food and beverage covers in order to ensure a more accurate forecast.
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring client credibility and that deposits and/or applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame.
- Yield bedroom and event space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of Opera Sales and Catering and PMS systems.
- Conduct pre-conference meetings to ensure key departments are fully aware of relevant details pertaining to group upon their near arrival.
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts to ensure last minute changes are communicated with Banquets, Kitchen and Stewarding.
- Fully knowledgeable of (and in adherence to) liquor and fire and safety laws and regulations.
- Fully aware of any wedding/bridal industry trends, along with cultural wedding elements (Jewish & cultural weddings)
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings, also sales and operations meetings as required.
- Attend the post event follow up, conducted by the Wedding Planner, to address strengths and weaknesses of an event, in order to better service/deliver future weddings.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the wedding/bridal industry and participate in activities related to public relations to further increase wedding leads for the department as well as the hotel.
- Responsible for following the guidelines/deadlines as detailed in the Conference Services and Catering checklist
- Conduct client meetings & site inspections as required
1-3 years experience in the Hospitality Industry.
Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
Minimum of two years of administrative experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of event space capacities pertaining to health and safety procedures and terminology of event room set ups, as it relates to wedding ceremonies & receptions
- Food and beverage knowledge is an asset
- Good understanding of all hotel departments, particularly housekeeping, front office, banquets and kitchen
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Opera S&C; is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be legally eligible to work in the UK. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining UK work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Kingdom-London-The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: SVY02448