The Nielsen Company Sales Engineering Solution Consultant in OXF, United Kingdom
The Nielsen Sales Engineering organization is searching for a Solutions Consultant to support sales of the Connected System to our clients. Connected System allows for an end-to-end measurement and analytics solution for our FMCG and retail clients, powered by a cloud-based platform. This is a high visibility role and top priority for the Nielsen organization.
The Solutions Consultant will partner with Sales Consultants to engage clients, understand their business needs and identify the appropriate solutions to address these needs. Consultants must be able to deliver technical information in an effective way and demonstrate industry knowledge. Other important skills include: development of creative solutions, delivering compelling presentations and exhibiting technological competency. Experience in the CPG or Retail industry preferred.
● Collaborate with Sales Consultants and account teams to understand client needs
● Confer with engineers to assess solutions and determine technical requirements
● Develop creative solutions that address complex needs
● Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining solutions to clients and prospective clients
● Articulate value proposition clearly and concisely
● Identify and solve for gaps between client needs and current capabilities
• Essential: Strong consulting capabilities and ability to solution across a broad technology, product and industry landscape with deep functional expertise.
● Strong industry experience, including at least one technology role and/or one sales role
● Technological knowledge: must have technical competency and be a fast learner
● Industry knowledge/awareness (market insights, CPG, adtech, media)
● Strong knowledge of different data sources and data platforms including cloud
● Team player: able to activate and leverage a network
● Comfortable with ambiguity
● Problem-solving skills: listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, then recommend solutions
● Presentation skills, storytelling skills (connecting the "what" to the "so what")
● Communication skills, including informal messaging and engagement
● Interpersonal skills, building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders and effectively communicating at multiple levels
● Enterprise selling experience
● Analytical Knowledge: Application of data/insights across the business.
● Willingness to travel up to 25-50%
● Preferred: Multi-lingual